passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Ticket To Ride

Hendo

Had some epic games today going back and forth with Mark. Finished one match and then both started a rematch so bounced between the two games in real time.

This one I'm most proud of, 7 tickets all accounted for. All done in a crazy loop which got me the longest route too.

ticket2.PNG

Found a couple of games online on the XBLA version but got my ass handed to me every time.

Am I the only one that has the expansion add-on? I'm wondering because one of the games with Mark was an add-on game but I can't see how it makes any difference if the other person has it or not.

Supposedly all it is, is extra destination routes but the actual map and potential rail-roads is exactly the same. I'd be quite up for them bringing out the other continents add-ons though.

D'oh. :facepalm:

Yeah I have no idea which the new routes are either. I guess you have an advantage if you've played it enough to know where all the main routes are so you could plan a good route to get a load in one go.

• 2 weeks later...

:)

Yeah, the person with the longest route gets bonus points. The trick is to make a nice long line linking hopefully all your ticket destinations together. Get as many destinations as you can before the end of the game, remembering that if you go for one and don't get it by the end of the game, you get the points taken off your score.

I'm loving this, hope they bring out a proper expansion, like the UK or Europe.

I certainly am!

In this case though, was that me cock-blocking you, or do you mean the huge number of games we have on the go?

That last game was so close, I was sure you were hammering me and then as the results came in I thought, "Jesus! I'm going to win!" and then you got the longest route bonus that tipped you over the edge.

• 2 weeks later...

Because I seem to be a sucker for this, I bought the iPad only version. :facepalm:

It's actually really polished and has more features and expansions than the other version. The most obvious difference is that you can play with strangers and and chat too. There's a decent lobby system where you can invite anyone you see that's online or set up a game, dictate the rules and give a brief description, like if you only want beginners or experts or whatever.

I bought the European expansion and sent off an invite to Jim but I'm not sure if it worked or not. I might've pressed cancel as I wasn't sure how to go back to the menu. I would guess that play with randoms is online on the fly only and not asynchronous.

• 1 month later...