passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Orcs Must Die! (and OMD!2)

Bob

There really is no room for error to get the 5 skulls on each level. Me and H both made loads of silly mistakes tonight. It makes to failing even harder to swallow when you fuck up something simple or get done by a Gnoll or something. We should buy those spores that turn them into allies or something H, see if we can alter how they react when they are on our side.

Not a bad idea. I take care of the ones on my side by throwing a charm spell at them which does the same thing, though a few times I came across them and I didn't have enough mana.

Also, I'm only 500 kills off 50,000!

And so it continues!

Me and Sly are now carrying on with Nightmare mode on all the levels and it's not too tough but not advisable unless you know the levels inside and out and have all the traps and weapons you need fully upgraded.

Just wait until we past The Crunch before we start getting our willies out and showing them off. Once we are past that I'm polishing and waxing my willy and I'm off to Leeds town hall to show it off. They might even take a cast of it an put it next to that Henry Moore sculpture. It is a thing of beauty. My cock, not that brass monstrosity.

I'll be happy just finishing that one, won't be too fussed on doing it perfect.

Incidentally, in the list of campaigns, one if them is Classic which points you to the original game to buy if you don't have it. I have it on XBLA so never bothered getting that on PC. Do you know if you can do them through the second game on co-op? Cos if so I'll pony up.

I do not know. I'd have to get someone else who has the games and try it. I know some of the endless modes came back from the first game and you can play them in co-op, so maybe.

Does anyone else here have both OMD games on PC?

From the official site:

"Classic Mode - Steam players who own the original Orcs Must Die! will automatically unlock co-op versions of 10 fan-favorite levels from the original game featuring new enemies!"

Hmmm, might do.

According to Steam, you own both.

I refunded all my skulls after tonights session and concentrated on spending them on stuff that I know we'll need along the way. I (and probably you as well) wasted a lot of skulls trying things out that didn't really work as we thought they would.

I took note especially of the Archer Guardians upgrades. They either heal themselves or set enemies on fire. If you are carrying the trinket to heal and revive them, then maybe it'll work out better for us if they are setting mobs on fire? I'm guessing if you put the trinket in your last slot if you press LB to buff them while you are waiting for stuff or travelling from place to place it might be a more economical way of upping DPS. It just means we have to pay extra attention to enemy Gnolls, Sappers, Archers and Mages. I don't know if that would be too much of a pain in the arse to juggle, I've not used them myself. It's something to contemplate, even if it doesn't happen to work out.

I had a good look at the other weapons too. Specifically that Teleport Ring. I was thinking maybe that is the key to me moving around quicker without risk of falling to my death because of the shitty double jump? If you can aim it at walls and stuff you should be able to shoot around the levels even without the warp portals.

Yeah I'll probably do that soon, if only to strike the achievement off the list.

I have the archers set up to set them on fire, seems the better option. I've also bought the wall trap that kills enemies when they get thrown into it which might be ideal for the sides of a corridor where you place the swinging mace up above. You also get more coins out of them and the special to choose is either enemies thrown in heal the player or occasionally one will come back as a skeleton and fight for us, which seems a better option.

I wonder if the Wind Belt I use would combo well with those Void Walls? I can pick mobs up and literally throw them in if just gusting them across the areas doesn't push them through them.

This is getting a bit deep now, isn't it? :huh:

• 2 weeks later...

That's a wrap! All skulls on Nightmare mode. Hendo's actually really bloody good at this game. Carried me through a lot of the levels.

Anyway, this achievement deserves one of these.

o/

Now, do we go for all of the achievements?

\o

Hell yes, we do.

The Endless level ones should be a pain but it might be worth finding a good achievement guide as it might have a good suggestion of which level would be the best.

Unbelievably, I'm still a little way off from maxing out all my traps. Still got loads of weapons and trinkets to buy too, but I'm pretty happy with the ones I mostly use.

If the classic levels count towards doing the achievement for downing 50 waves then there is one that is just a long arsed passageway. Fill it with tar and brimstone and archers and dot decoys all over it and I reckon 50 will be easy.

Did you notice the final costume unlocked for finishing on Nightmare?

Makes sense now I guess. I sort of understand what he's talking about, but I'd need to actually pay attention to the numbers, which is something I hardly ever do. I wish you could minimise or turn them off in all honesty, they make it hard to get headshots when they are piling all over the screen.