passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

hinn888

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Breaching and Clearing on XBLA in 2012

Written Friday, August 12, 2011 By Richard Walker

View author's profile

Valve and co-developer Hidden Path Entertainment have confirmed that Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is coming to the Xbox Live Arcade, expanding upon the 12-year old game's famed team-based action gameplay, with new maps, new characters and weapons.

There'll also be updated versions of favourite Counter-Strike maps, like the superlative de_dust, for instance, as well as new gameplay modes, matchmaking and leaderboard support. And well, it's flippin' Counter-Strike for goodness sake! What more do you need to know?!

"Counter-Strike took the gaming industry by surprise when the unlikely MOD became the most played online PC action game in the world almost immediately after its release in August 1999," said Valve's Marketing VP, Doug Lombardi. "For the past 12 years, it has continued to be one of the most-played games in the world, headline competitive gaming tournaments and selling over 25 million units worldwide across the franchise. CS: GO promises to expand on CS' award-winning gameplay and deliver it to gamers on the PC as well as the next gen consoles and the Mac."

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive will be playable at this year's PAX Prime and London Games Festival, and is scheduled to launch on the Xbox Live Arcade in early 2012.

This would be one hell of a game to have on XBLA!

I only tried Counter Strike once, against bots, and failed miserably at it. It pretty much cemented my opinion that I was never gonna get on with mouse and keyboard.

Should be interesting to see how this pans out. It's playable at the Eurogamer Expo if you're going, Hinn.

Oh shweet, i'll just that out then, i wasn't a mssive fan of it, i played it when i was young coz my cousins got into it but in the end we stuck with tactical ops the most. Most peeople never really heard of it!

I may be ignorant here, but ive never played counter strike, is it capable of matching up against the big names like COD and Battlefield?

I wouldn't really compare CS to either of those games. One bit of shrapnel is all it takes to kill you. Hardcore doesn't even begin to cover it.