passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Gears of War 3

Sly Reflex

I have the problem on the opposite end - I can't see a way of only playing the new maps in public.

I went for "Stay Frosty" as that says that it requires Fenix Rising but the first two maps I played were old ones so I left.

I've also tried a few games of Beast but none of the new maps came up in the selection at all.

That's the community for you Nag. It's sad because I know people like PRNelson would really like to drop the pennies to grab all the new content, but that bastard known as Life, Wife and Kids prevents him from doing so. Thing is, by doing this he's probably going to play Gears 3 less, so spending the money gets less and less of a priority.

I had a session on Stay Frosty and I don't know what to think about it. I managed to have some really good games on it and it excited me while I was playing, but my team mates really let the side down. The thing they have shot for is a really weird hybrid of Gears, Rainbow 6, GRAW2 and the 3rd person view you could get in one of the CoD's (MW2?). I think the main problem with it is that it relies heavily on people communicating, even more so than normal Gears. Obviously I was the only English person on my team, and when I looked through my recently played my 1st team consisted of 2 French, 1 Italian and 1 Spanish. What really bugged me was that one of the French players kept running right out, she'd get killed, then you'd just have all this abuse directed at her in every language. After that game I got put in with an Irish lad and that was pretty good, although he was clearly pissed/stoned, just having that communication between 2 players made co-ordinating much easier. Between us we managed to set a spawn trap on Drydock, until of course one of the idiot breached the spawn and flipped them over. It's much faster than I expected, and I think if people accept it and learn how the game type works it could be a success for those that enjoy the pop and stop play of rifle users. Of course, this could benefit the Gnasher users, as if the rifle users come across to this game mode, then they aren't in the others. I got really tired of hearing about 'Vets' asking for Alpha, then not playing it at all because they said it was full of people using rifles. I played a couple of Alpha games myself an there was maybe 3 people using rifles, and one of them was me at distance. I guess whatever people are given they are going to complain.

You should definitely give Stay Frosty a shot if you are able to, just don't expect to take many shots before you die.

Well, two birds with one stone there for Nag. It was a pretty enjoyable night. Whaling on those bots in Stay Frosty, it was quite fun wasn't it? I have no idea what the hell that one random was doing though. I think the fucker spawned at the top of Overpass too. He was up there quicker than we could spawn.

I notcied one of the new achievements is for going for 1-50 on a new map. How about we get a team together, bang it on insane, put on the mutators and do it in one sitting?

I'm in.

If your doing the Horde thing on a Friday night i'll be well up for it, i'll struggle on a week night though.

I would have to be a week on Friday, seeing as the DLC isn't out this Friday.

Well, two birds with one stone there for Nag. It was a pretty enjoyable night.

<_<

The H-Bomb and me did the new Beast maps on Casual last night. We got a good system going, H as a Kantus and me as a Boomer untill i could afford the Beserker and then we kicked das ass. Although i moaned at times, on reflection i quite like the new maps for Beast. Just wish they had a dedicated playlist a la Halo.

I got my wings last night. Looked at them for a few minutes then instantly re-upped.

Congrats go out to both Izzle and H-dizzle for getting to level 50. Hoffman is yours! Check out his cheeky grin and crew cut sweater. He's no longer the miserable bastard he once was. Probably because he gets to ejaculate while pulling on Bernie's dreads.

It looks really odd. It looks liek they changed the formatting or something. Maybe it's just that I've been level 90+ since forever that's what I'm finding odd.

I played a few games with people using the Scorcher too. That shit has been buffed for sure. They only have to touch you with the fire to down you. :blink:

Big up on the wing-zing to Sly Bones and MC Nagsmith.

Im half thinking about going for Seriously 3.0 which something ive always completely dismissed untill lately. I've been fucking about in private multi to get some of the ribbons i need and it just seemed ridiculously lengthy but doable. I'll probably change my mind again.

Im half thinking about going for Seriously 3.0 which something ive always completely dismissed untill lately.

Try playing 100 games of Wingman.... then realise you only have to do another 2900, then come back and say that statement. ;)

Edit.... what ribbons do you need?, anything i can help with?.

I totally take your point on the WIngman thing, i guess going for Seriously is something that seems fun at first...

And on the ribbons, i dont really know what i need of the top of my head, thatnks tho, i'll check. xx

Yeah, I cannot find any official info on the site, but it appears the the stopping power has being removed from both the Hammerburst and the Retro. I'm not too bothered about them removing it from the Hammerburst, if you are that close to someone where you would benefit from stopping power then you clearly using the wrong weapon for the ranges you have. It's a fucking kick in the balls for Retro users. That gun is meant to cause people problems by making them stay away. I'm a bit annoyed actually because once I'm done with the Sawed-off kills (got about 700 to go), I'm going to concentrate on the Retro as I don't like using it all that much. I fear that people will stop using both the Hammerburst and the Retro as AR and move across to the Lancer, which will inevitably get shouted down by the vets that it is OP and needs a nerf. They need to do a play list that has nothing but the Gnasher in it and lock all these moaners to it. They'd soon find it makes a boring game where the only thing you have is people jigging round each other and Gnashering them.

In other news, the Thrashball Drone (the american football Locust dude) will be unlocked for online use for 10 days to celebrate the Superbowl. Means fuck all to me to be honest. I hate the skins that use real life or alternative looks. They are look shite.

Had a few games of Get Gnashty, 3 games all on the new maps. Anvil is quite a good map for multiplayer it seems. The event is a load of shit. The one gun game is boring as fuck. You get 1 bullet for the snub which is an insta-kill to the head. I only played it for the ribbon, which didn't unlock. I got hatemail from the last guy I killed too, he was a really good player, last man standing and he was running away getting shot at all the time, then he'd turn around and body one of my team mates. He got it down to 2 vs 1 and he managed to down the other player. As soon as he killed him I downed him. I took the opportunity to do the arm rip thing. He then sent me a voice message calling me a fucking cunt before I managed to end the execution. Impressive.

I'm also done with the sawed-off. What a fucking piece of shit that weapon is. All the starter weapons are good in their own way, apart from the sawed-off. The haters got it nerfed to the point of no reason to use it.

I used it online to claim my onyx medal with it and honestly, it's suicide going into a battle with it. I will say this, it's super useful in the way that it makes people panic, The match I onyxed it on was on Depths. The spawn had just fliped and my team were running back to the train side. I had one guy who I managed to get coming round a corner, but then another guy saw me and backed off because he knew I'd win in those closed rooms. By the time he'd backed up 2 of his team had showed up and they were trying to Lancer me to stop me corner camping, only to have one guy come in behind them and just gib every single one with the Gnasher. It seems most people are that worried about it that they take their eyes off the ball concerning other players.

I've found a new respect in the Retro, I've made fools of some Gnasher rushers with it. The reload on it is a killer though, if you don't sort them out asap you die due to running dry. :fist:

Had a really fucked up game on this last night, map was Trenches and for some reason it had the old style weapon spawns (Digger at the bottom of the hill, Scorcher in the cave), i also was'nt able to use cover properly in the odd occasions it did allow me into it i'd carry on "ice skating" around for about 15 seconds, i also couldnt pick up map weapons.

This was'nt lag though, people were dying just as you'd expect them to, i'd actually got alot of kills as the game had gone on for quite awhile before my modem decided to throw a hissy fit and boot me off LIVE. Hendo was in the same game, not sure how it was on his end?.

From what I remember was fine for me.

I did have one bad round as the leader though where everyone on my team ran off to kill the opposing leader and I was pretty much left on my own going :o