passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Transformers: War for Cybertron

illdog

This wasnt what i expected. Its really dark and gritty, the grays of Cybertron and the purples of dark energon give it a really sinister feel. I didnt like it at first, the first level of the Decepticon Campaign is a little dull coupled with the colourless environment. But things pick up as you progress, you get into the story and get a good feel of what the game is trying to be. The story is the origin of Transformers, Optimus Prime is just Optimus and Zeta Prime is their leader, Megatron meets Starscream and they quickly grow to hate each other and best of all Soundwave can transform into a boom box looking thing and has Laserbeak, Frenzy and Rumble in his chest. *high five*. And ive seen him create energon cubes out of his chest, just like he used too. Oh, and Jetfire is a big imperial white robot just like he used to be. Also worthy of note are some of the epic boss battles. Omega Supreme for the win.

It reminds me of Gears of War, it doesnt have its cover system but its the run and gun attitude, the way the NPC characters run along and interact with you - there are definate echoes.

Im going through the Autobot campaign now. Just went through a large prison area and before a nameless Autobot was executed i heard him say "Spare me this mockery of justice". :)

This isnt the worlds greatest game by any means but after an iffy start things are good.

Also worthy of note are some of the epic boss battles. Omega Supreme for the win.

Hell yeah! The boss-fights against

Zeta Prime, Omega Supreme & the one at the end of the Autobot campaign,

Trypticon

, combined with the story, made the averageness of the rest of the game worthwhile... Can't wait to see what they do with the sequel next year!

More Gears references: giant worms anyone? That tunnel underground?

The Autobot campaign is alot tougher than the Decepticon one. I died defending Ratchet about 12 tmes in a row before i successfuly held of the Decepticon attack. And the last boss is pretty tough too.

Thats both Campaigns finished, went back and beat them all on Hard whilst it was all fresh in my brain. Yet to try Escalation mode, i think its just another Horde clone so im in no particular hurry.

Anways, the end credits were fantastic, some of the unlockable artwork is too. Overall, if you see it for a tenner and are a fan of Transformers pick it up.