passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Catherine

HandsomeDead

• 2 months later...

catherine_loveisoverdeluxeedition_glamshot_360.jpg

There's a first time for everything, isn't there? And we must say, this is the first time we've ever seen a video game packaged in a pizza box with a pair of underpants. Atlus has put together an incredibly lavish limited special edition for the release of Catherine in North America, bundling lots of goodies straight from the game.

Crammed into a 'Stray Sheep' pizza box, you'll find a pair of protagonist Vincent's pink-spotted boxer shorts, a T-shirt emblazoned with a depleted heart gauge and a Catherine pillowcase in the limited 'Love is Over Deluxe Edition', which will retail for $79.99.

If that's not enough Catherine-related gubbins for you, then pre-orders of the game's standard or deluxe editions will also give you the 11-track Catherine soundtrack on CD and a 36-page Catherine art book. That's a whole lot of Catherine goodness to be had.

:o

yeah agree about the pillow, i'm thinking of ordering the standard ps3 version, half the price (edit, i'm completely wrong about the price, it's not much more than the standard one) and the soundtrack is the main thing i'd be interested in anyway...

• 1 month later...

I don't think anything has gone up with the English voices so here you go.

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/G2FjqieajyY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Catherine is voiced by the same woman who did Rise in Persona 4, so now she just reminds me of a 14 year old model that middle aged Japanese men leer at.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
As Catherine's protagonist Vincent prepares to enter into a love triangle of his own when the game launches in North America next week, details of a PAL release have finally come forward, with Atlus and Deep Silver entering into a realationship of their own to bring Catherine to PAL territories.

“We are very proud to be able to publish Catherine in all PAL territories as a Deep Silver game”, says Klemens Kundratitz, CEO of Deep Silver. “Catherine is something new, fresh and exciting; unlike anything else in the gaming world – a unique mixture of genres. This agreement proves once again that games published under the Deep Silver label are not ‘more of the same’, ‘run of the mill’ productions.”

Featuring localised text in French, German, Italian and Spanish, Catherine will be coming to PAL territories, bringing its unique blend of relationship anxiety as Vincent must choose between commitment with Katherine or a fling with Catherine, while having fevered conundrum-filled nightmares plagued with sheep and towering block puzzles.

“Atlus is very pleased to collaborate with an experienced, passionate publisher like Deep Silver for the release of Catherine in Europe,” stated Shinichi Suzuki, President and CEO of Atlus. “Like us, they are dedicated to releasing interesting, unique entertainment content for their fans. They share our belief that Catherine’s unprecedented exploration of the psychology and horrors of commitment and relationships, its breathtaking visual design, and its frantic action-adventure/puzzle gameplay make for a thought-provoking, entertaining experience that cannot be missed.”

A date for Catherine's release in PAL regions has yet to be announced. Watch this space!

• 1 month later...