passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Monday Night Combat

spatular

ildizzle had a huge file to download to play online so we sacked it off for another XBLA game instead.

There's still people playing this, though it might be down to it being on sale.

I've done all the Blitz achievements now. I've found my best method is to be the medic support guy and just run around healing team members and turrets.

• 1 year later...

This is on sale for 800 points right now. I'm going to have another look at the trail and maybe bite. It depends on if I can get others to play. I think it'd be kind of shitty alone. I bought Trenched/Iron Brigade and only played it a few times with friends. Good game but I don't want a repeat of that.

I'm free tonight, tomorrow night and probably Monday night for Iron Brigade or this.

I do really like this but not put as much time into it as I'd hoped, mostly for the same reasons that it's best to play with a crew.

Might be worth, if you have the time, finding a rough guide on the different classes. I can't remember much about them.

I'd be up for playing the gold levels on Iron Brigade that you're missing, tonight, and then having a bash on this.

Ha! I think the problem is going into a competitive game a couple of years after it came out and trying to figure out how the classes work, never gonna be easy.

I think with 4 of us working together as a team, each knowing their role, you'd enjoy it.

Personally, I prefer the Blitz mode for that very reason.

• 2 weeks later...

I should have got this when it came out, I'd have loved it and been on some sort of even ground with the other shits playing it. The people on it now are just too fucking good. The Sniper class is a bit dubious I thought. You can freeze people to the spot and then pop one through their head. That's fair.

I don't have the anger you and Martin have on this, mostly because I'm used to dying lots in shooters, but also because I just play for the hell of it and don't care too much about winning.

I think we were lacking a good strategy though on the few times we stuck together and I exclusively healed you or Martin and we pushed forward, we did alright.

We need to have one as a healer, one as a strong fighter and one concentrating on turrets and then I think we'd be pretty good.

Yeah, I was saying last night that a team should split into two and follow the lines on either side, mainly just to stop the bots from dragging the balls down. Any pushes or lulls could have people swapping, but it does reminds me a lot of BC2 on how you have to hold 2 places on the map.