passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Rocket Kight

illdog

I cant decide if i like this or not. It looks lovely and its kind of fun to play but i did find myself getting bored halfway thorugh. The levels seem a little long and the simplistic gameplay made it feel repetative. The challenge certainly grows as you progress so it by no means easy, infact level 3 annoyed the shit out of me with its puzzley nature and hard to hit enemies..

The 360 control stick is bumcakes for this game, Sparksters Rocket Burst (hold B abd a direction) is incredibly sensitive, i find myself boosting in diagonal directions instead of straight sometime, obviously at the expense of precious energy.

Their are a couple of flying sections where you basically are in a self scrolling level and you have to take down enemies untill you meet the boss. You get to charge your shot so as to take out a few enemies or mines at a time, but sometimes if you try to recharge immediately after you release a charged shot it doesn't work. You release the button so as to unleash your fury and your met by fuck all and then an enemy in your face.

Also, there are a few times when you unavoidably fall onto enemies or their projectiles. Grrr.

But as irritated as i was with some of my cheap spankings i look back and think 'that was a pretty good game'. So play it again and it annoys the shit out of me.

I remember playing the original and really liking it, that's all I remember, just liking it. Couldn't say why. I think I'd be more interested in playing the original in some form.

How is it length wise? The premium price is putting me off unless it is £10 worth of game.

I never played the original so i couldnt say.

Length wise its 4 worlds with at least three levels each, three difficulty levels (1 unlockable). Each level has a par time to beat so its got a bit of challenge to it at least.

King of the double posts.

Ive spent a few hours on this today so far and i think we're friends. The game is hard and the controls arent always up to the job on the 360, that the biggest gripe. Sometimes Sparksters rocket burst goes diagonal instead of straight when using the stick and straight instead of diagonal when using the pad so you cant really win. For that reason id recommend purchase on the PSN. Its too late for me but you guys still have a chance.

This is another game that benefits from having interesting and challenging achievements/trophies. It basically throws 65G /2 x trophies at you but you have to work for the rest. Ive just got the Impatient Hero award for beating all levels under par time and it was pretty good fun, it even got me half liking World 3 which i utterly despised the first time round.

Yay for being on my own in the office today.