passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Reducing Video Size

DANGERMAN

Ok, i've just recorded a video onto my computer via a usb adapter, my first attempt was about 3 minutes and a massive 2.7 gig! I knocked the quality down, the framerate and the quality of the sound, but it's still 1.7 gig. Do i have to just go ultra shit or is there a way of compressing it?

Bearing in mind that if i were to put it on youtube the quality and frame rate would dip anyway

Downloading now. I'm going to up the shit version ive done to youtube and see what that looks like (and how long it takes). Then try a better version and compress it

Nice one jimbo

EDIT: Incidentally, its a compressor I need, one that doesnt lose too much quality, rather than a converter. what I'm using at the minute lets me save as avi already

Downloading now. I'm going to up the shit version ive done to youtube and see what that looks like (and how long it takes). Then try a better version and compress it

Nice one jimbo

EDIT: Incidentally, its a compressor I need, one that doesnt lose too much quality, rather than a converter. what I'm using at the minute lets me save as avi already

this will compress them as well, even though they are AVI's, if you reencode them using super they should be much smaller. Raw video i use at work goes from 2-3 gig down to around 100 meg. I'm on skype if you need a hand

:) Sorted now I think, got a low quality video (from original source) that was 700mb down to 22

Now all I need to do is work out how to mix in an audio track and keep the original sound, should be doable with the original software, but I've not seen too much in the way of level editing :unsure: