passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Wii Music

Hendo

So, how do you share videos with friends? When I pick a video to share it says we need to swap info but I know that I have wiivo in my address book but I can't find a friends list in the game.

I have a very disturbing video of Twinkle Twinkle that needs to be seen. :D

Also, I don't seem to have Stoobie in my Wii friends list, I'll add you now. *EDIT* Done.

Who else has this other than me, Stoobie and wiivo?

*EDIT*

Ah, wiivo has popped up when I rebooted the game. Watch my video, you mother.

Just sent you another two, one is another rendition of Twinkle Twinkle with some nice piano flourishes that I'm quite proud of, the other is the Mute City theme from F-Zero done in a traditional Japanese style. Performed on a moving truck. On a beach.

I don't think anyone should be surprised to find that I'm actually really enjoying this. It's been ten pounds well spent. I rang up a mate before and told him that I'll be round on the weekend to show him that I'm not actually crazy and it is pretty good.

It is very much a toy, but more importantly, it's a genius way of teaching people (especially kids) some basic music theory and understanding.

I've unlocked quite a lot now, go through the conducting thing (some LOL moments in that), the Handbell Harmony (reminds me of Donkey Konga, with you assigned to two specific notes and everyone taking part) and the Pitch Perfect quiz and you'll unlock a fair bit. Then make 3 videos and you'll unlock the lessons which will then start unlocking everything else.

The quiz is a great way of teaching basic music theory, it's stuff like, "which of these players is playing the wrong note? Put these in order of lowest to highest note."

Baring in mind that it isn't Guitar Hero or Rock Band and it isn't trying to be - those are strict score attack games that happen to feature music, where this is a music toy and teacher. The one thing I've always felt missing from GH/RB is the ability to improvise and this is all about the improvisation.

I did want to play it in multi, but my mate looks at the screen with disdain whenever I try to get him to play it, so hey ho.

I very much doubt it's got the legs of GH/RB (I give it a couple of days, to be honest) but it's definitely a fresh thing to play and a lot of fun.

For a tenner I'd give it a go. :)

I pretty much agree with what you said there Hendo. Its fun - its not a game and I dont think it is going to last very long, but it is enjoyable. I've not tried it with the kids yet, not had time, but I think it is something they might like. Especially the dog and the cat costumes.

I dont think you have to swap codes to register each other. Just say that you want to share videos and then it must use your Wii codes to alert each other.

Also it is very bizarre to conduct an orchestra consisting of Posh Spice, Yoda, Harry Potter, my mam, Charlie Brown and Illdog.

Also it is very bizarre to conduct an orchestra consisting of Posh Spice, Yoda, Harry Potter, my mam, Charlie Brown and Illdog.

That made me laugh for ages.

Where's mine? I was really looking forward to playing this with my girlfriend but only Wheelman turned up, this and GTA: CW was what i really wanted.

I took the game round to a mate's last night (if you have Piers on your Wii list, don't send him videos as he doesn't own the game) and his little girl was loving it, he was initially enjoying it in the jam bits bit didn't enjoy the lessons so politely declined my offer of borrowing the game. :P

Because he spooned up the drums on one jam I decided to prove the designers of the game wrong - that you can play anything and the song will always be recognisable. I think I did a good job, I referred to it as Frank Zappa does Twinkle Twinkle.

I sent it to my Wii so I'll pass it on and you can "enjoy" it too.

I booted this up for the first time last night for a quick 5 minute go and ended up playing for over two hours. How the fuck did i end up sweaty as fuck playing musical instruments?

The first few minutes of this game should be bottled in a jar so you can re-experience them when you feel low - honestly, playing the four instument styles is funny as fuck and when you get to your first session of Twinkle Twinkle and you can improvise the notes... its just fucking brilliant!

I can see how this wont have much lasting appeal as i think you can feel youve generally experienced the game after a few hours but there is definately layers to this onion, for musically minded people even more so. Still, it does have a nice range of things to do, i was really laughing conducting my first orchestra. Its wierd, when i didnt know what the fuck i was doing i got 76 points, i though ok, i see what you have to do here, tried again and got 50. :huh: Went to the next song, thought i blizt it and got 34. So i officially dont understand orchestrating.

I like the Pitch Perfect set of games, they were quite fun. Cowbells makes no sense, i dont know how but ive yet to score any points in it at all. I didnt realise i had to wait my turn and treated it like any rythem game, then i realised my cowbells were purple and green and some of the notes corresponded with those colours.... Still, made fuck all difference becasue ever time i swung the hand matching the cowbell colour my Mii at the top leaned forward and widened his eyes like he was being anally intruded for 80% of the notes, the rest i hit but apparently not.

Jam session completely rules, theres an option to play every instrument on your chosen track one after the other, i completely murdered the Legend of Zelda theme tune by adding castanets and demolishing all rythem. I was cracking up and all i wanted to do was send the video to Hendo, Wiivo and Stoobie but it wouldnt let me. :( Oh, and making the artwork for your video sleeve is also very funny.

Not what i expected at all, in a good way.

It could well be because we started with low expectations, but it certainly isn't as piss poor as you'd been led to believe, but it's hardly the best thing Nintendo have produced either.

Oh and ill, once you boot the game back up it should let you share videos with others.

This site must be the only one on the internet that goes 'Wii Music? aye, pretty good' :)

I wish I tried it now.

I remember some members of rllmuk liked it when it first came out. I think we can assume the most vocal haters are those that have never played it and say 'wiilol' a lot.

It could well be because we started with low expectations, but it certainly isn't as piss poor as you'd been led to believe, but it's hardly the best thing Nintendo have produced either.

Oh and ill, once you boot the game back up it should let you share videos with others.

Well you besta start preparin yourself now son...