passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Space Invaders Extreme (XBLA)

illdog

I thougt it as worth starting a fresh thread for this seen as ive never played the DS version and SIE is out today for 800 of your Microsoft points.

Only had one go but i thoroughly enjoyed it, i love these fresh takes on old ideas. I cant believe they've actually made Space Invaders exciting. I didnt read the rules or owt so i guess the key to success is not missing, getting the same colour as much as possible and kicking ass.

Certain Invaders drop weapon powers ups like lasers and bombs (and a shield) but my brain is firmly set to 'avoid falling objects' so i keep dodging them, otherwise im sure i would have done alot better.

Any other takers?

i'll probably pick this up later. i want the second DS one more but that's £30 at the moment due to the crap exchange rate.

not sure if the scoring system is the same as the original DS/psp one? if so i don't really understand it but it seems like any and every scoring system you can think of is included, also hit 4 of the same colour in a row to get a powerup i think? here's some info on the ds version in case it's useful anyway:

http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?t=21419

http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/ds/file/943067/53634

Good links, cheers Spatuloso.

I finished this on single player last night but that doesnt mean im any means good. I just kept to a rythem of hitting four invaders of the same colour so they drop me a weapon and then taking full advantage of the extra fire power. My highest rank was a B which is a bit pants, you must be near perfect to get an S.

A head nod to the soundtrack - its fucking brilliant. I was boddy popping to the continuous beat of the credits theme! This is in my blood now, i have the fever and i want to play it NOW.

wow, nice work finishing it illdog! i really struggled on the ds version, can't do level 5 and only did 4 with shed loads of continues. i tried the trial and agree about the music, it really fits the game well, didn't like the pause before the bonus rounds started though.