passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

New year gaming...

Manicm

So ive been thinking, and hoping this doesn't turn into one of my rambles! but what is everyone looking forward to this year gaming wise and also what are we hoping gets binned in the next 12 months.

Want and Hope:

A new Nintendo game thats original and open to all, and no more of this silly wii music type of stuff

Older Ninty games making a comeback:

StarFox, Pilot Wings, Pikmin and even a Luigi's mansion style game (first one was great)

Xbox, GOW3 or even a teaser or something to show us the next game is going to be as much fun as the last, xbox live to be free!!

Psp, please sony give me something to play my poor psp is only used for Fifa on the train to work.

Im sure many others will come to me, i rarely look at gaming news so if they are doing some of this then yippee!

Bin:

All the shovelware on all consoles!

Thats all i can currently think of but im sure some of you will think of many more!

I want to be able to hook up my PSP to my router and download games straight to it, for a lower price than they are in the shops. Supposedly, you'll be able to do that next year for every PSP game but I think you have to go through the PS3 to download them and unpack them.

If I could download them straight to the machine (and cheaper) then I'd take more of a chance.

I think it's about time we saw something of a new F-Zero game.

I can't really say there's anything I'm massively hyped for, title-wise, but I like how things are headed in the download space.

It's not a popular opinion because retailers aren't very happy about it, but I like the instant play you get and there's less of a risk due to the pricing.

Actually, Heavy Rain is sounding cool and I'll be supporting Tim Schafer with Brutal Legend.

Resident Evil 5, Madworld and Persona 4 are the real games I'm looking forward to.

I have an alternative idea when it comes to a new F-Zero, it would only benafit now from being on a 360/PS3 now because most of the experiance comes from the sight and sound so a Wii one might be a little underwhelming now but if the guys behind GX came and did a bit of plagerism on the HD consoles I think I'd be very, very happy with that. Starfox on the other hand could work extremely well on the Wii, yet alot could but my faith in them to do it has, unfortunatly, took some beating lately.

I'm not a fan of the idea of downloads, yeah, simple games are fun but like Braid proved, they are more expensive than retail. Retail games are becoming cheaper and more advanced (you were looking at £50 for a new at the release of a new console, later on it's £35) but downloadable games are becoming more expensive with time, just because they take up a few more gigs they up the price. Also, downloadable games aren't as likely to go down in price over time (because they don't use up shop space) so as a consumer they are not totally appealing.

But yeah, Brutal Legend FTW.