passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Sonic Rush Adventure

RivaOni

Yowsers this thread's gone pretty weird.

Ok, where to start?

The bits I dropped from last week's podcast would've made more sense for the overall show itself, and that is that people's expectations are fucking their appreciation of a good or bad game.

Because Bioshock got perfect 10's once people had finished it they could only moan that because there was little replay value (as it's a STORY driven game) it was over-marked. Had they been given a copy of the game and locked in a room without being told anything about it, they probably would've been as full of praise as the reviewers, because that's the situation the reviewers were in.

I also mentioned how I expected Stranglehold to be shit and I'd trade it in as soon as I finished it, but I found that it's actually a bloody good game. Because a game has some flaws it's automatically seen as being shit. And because this is the internet those who shout the loudest make the most impression.

There was also some stuff on SEGA Rally (and of course Super Paper Mario) but a sizeable chunk went to Sonic Rush Adventure.

Let's make this clear - my love for SEGA ended when they brought out the Mega CD. My love for Sonic ended when they brought out Sonic 2 (not a popular view, and I'm not saying it's a bad game in any way, but nothing affected me like the first).

My expectations for this was pretty much "I quite liked Sonic Rush, so I'll be giving this a try", and lo and behold, I enjoyed it. Metacritic gives it an average of 80 so it's not just me either.

Ben's point about Sunshine is spot on - everyone gave it shit as they were expecting the second coming. I enjoyed 64, and really enjoyed Sunshine.

Everyone gave Wind Waker shit (though no-one admits they did now, do they?) because it was too different, but Twilight Princess wasn't different enough.

Bottom line: Sonic Rush Adventure is a great game.

I got this the other day and I got to say it doesn’t add anything new it just feel like Sonic Rush all over again, which is no bad thing as Sonic Rush is an awesome little game and the same goes for this its one of those games where if it aint broken don’t fix it. The sea travelling parts are a bit boring although the jet ski is pretty good fun and all those missions add lots of replay value to the game. And the online play is pretty good fun to.

IMO a very good game, well done Sega.

• 2 weeks later...

Now I loved Sonic Rush and this sequal came as a bit of a surprise, it was on the shelf weeks after I heard it even existed. But I have to say I am dissapointed with this, and its mainly down to the ship and jet ski parts, they are just not fun to do, why these sections were added is beyond me, they make you do these to get to the main game and it just waters the whole experiance down and turns the game into a bit of a slog just to get to the levels.

Part of the appeal of Sonic Rush was that you could just jump right in and play Sonic at his best, non of this adventuring nonsense that plagues later games.

The bosses are fun though.

I'm really liking it too.

The vehicle bits aren't the greatest thing ever, but they are pretty fun, and I quite like just exploring the map.

The normal Sonic platformy bits are the best, very fast and furious and very fun, although there are occasionally really annoying bottomless pits.

The mission things are really cool, and I can see this lasting a very long time because of it.

As for that Australian character. Just Grr:evil: