MFGamers

Phoenix Wright 3: Trials and Tribulations

David

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Case 3 is pretty brilliant IMO.

The writing in this game just feels a huge step up from the first two.

I dunno why, I'm just enjoying this one more than I was at this point in the first two.

Case 5 now and is rather excited because I get to play as aforementioned other popular character!

I must say, so far this is my favourite Phoenix Wright game. I'm loving the way that the cases are all intertwined, and I wanna find out what the hell is up with Godot.

Games!!! wrote:

Case 5 now and is rather excited because I get to play as aforementioned other popular character!

I must say, so far this is my favourite Phoenix Wright game. I'm loving the way that the cases are all intertwined, and I wanna find out what the hell is up with Godot.

Expect more surprises then. Having now finished the game, I must say this is by far the best Phoenix Wright game yet and the translators have done a absoluetly great job translating this with pop references everywhere (a Star Wars one about Midi-Chlorians came straight into my head).

Tripling posts for the win/loss/whatever (YOU decide).

I finally finished case 2 last night and it was a blast. A shame that it was one of those where you figured out how it all happened way before you were allowed to, but how it all pieces itself together is genius.

I was planning on putting Mr Wright aside for a while as I jump into Super Paper Mario, but I fired up case 3 and it's another interesting one. Only right at the beginning where you start doing some investigating but I bet it'll be a long one.

As mentioned sometime last year (is it really that long ago?) every game after this will be going under the Ace Attorney name, as this is Phoenix's last one. In case there's anyone that hasn't already done so, all 3 of these are essential games and in order to fully appreciate them you'll need to have played all 3, really.

Eurogamer's review is up and it really does the game justice. An extremely well written review, largely spoiler-free and really puts across why these games are so great.

• 3 weeks later...

It seems that way!

I've finished case 4, a very much smaller case but it seems to be pretty vital.

We have a previously encountered character who's going by a different name for a while, the beginnings of Edgeworth and a new character who looks suspiciously like someone else.

Cannae wait to finish this. :)

Hooray for a double post.

Put some more time into this last night and this has the potential to be the best case out of all 3 games.

Listening to the latest 1up Yours they sounded negative on the fact that it's "still just a GBA port with no DS features" but I'm fairly sure the GBA originals never got translated so I don't see what the problem is.

Plus, the extra case in the first game (the DS-specific one) felt tacked on to me, so I'd rather they carried on the same way, but the new characters and stories would be more than enough.

Huzzah for a triple post.

The end is in sight and it's an epic case indeed that pulls all the strings form the previous cases through the 3 games together, and what we have is something pretty fucked up.

The Ace Attorney games will go down as one of my favourite games series ever.

Hendo wrote:

Huzzah for a triple post.

The end is in sight and it's an epic case indeed that pulls all the strings form the previous cases through the 3 games together, and what we have is something pretty fucked up.

The Ace Attorney games will go down as one of my favourite games series ever.

Your loving the case and that's great to hear. I'll be interested to hear what you think of the actual ending as well.