passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Sunshine

Jimboxy

Jimbo's Top Reasons for wanting to make love to "sunshine"

Thought i'd better try to back up my claims of best movie ever, although i've come to realise that is a pretty bold statement

1) It is the best Space movie since Alien. Infact it borrows heavely in style from Alien, with certain scenes almost being lifted from that movie. Some might see this as a negative, me personally i think it was a heartfelt homage to the mother of space horror flicks. It also lifts elements of 2001, and there is a little event horison in there as well.

2) For me it was a totally gripping 104 mins of movie. From the opening title (no precredits here) i was hooked and didn't blink untill the end credits, IMO there wasn't a single moment where the movie sagged, every scene was there for a reason, all the characters had there own personality without having to resort to exposition and back story. It was a story that although sounding far fetched was approached in a realistic manner.

3) Visualy the most impressive movie i have seen in a long time. Everything from the special effects that are seamlessly intergrated into the movie, to the colour to the contrast of light and dark, subliminal images, freeze frames, extreme closeups. All of these things can ruin a movie but in the hands of Danny Boyle they are expertly used to excellent effect. It is simply a joy to behold.Also the audio is fantastic, dramatic, light, dark, intense and spooky and more amazing by the fact its underworld.

4) Cillian Murphy, Boyles new McGregor i reckon. Everything that he is in seems to be excellent.

5) The constant bucking for Sterotypical plot devices. There are a few cunning red herrings thrown in here to keep the viewer on its toes.

All in all, flawless:)

Of course, this is just my opinion...

I'd not even heard of this film, though I've just had a look on imdb.com and the pictures look like they've taken the set of Aliens and filled it with the cast from Lost. Even though I've never read a proper review, and you're raving on about it like a loony, I'm going to base all of my opinions on these two pictures I've seen and never watch it.