passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Far Cry!!!

Oliath

I did want this before it was released, but it does seem like a poor rush job... although most places slated red steel and i acrually like it... okay it aint the defining FPS of recent years, but its damn good none the less. Maybe ill rent Far Cry, so there less chance of bursting into tears myself...

far cry videos look awful, Like shin I'll try b4 I buy.

on a side note I am getting really good at the control scheme in Red Steel and once you do you really can warm to it, I am better at it now than mouse and keyboard I reckon.

BOOM HEADSHOT!!!!

Shit!!

That sounds awful!!!

Stupid ubisoft... this is why they annoy me.

They can really really hit the nail on the head and produce some fantastic titles, but at the same time can take a game... that is KNOWN to be good and successful.. and shift it to another of their branches and totally fail to communicate with each other or use the HUGE pool of resources they have in their company... and totally fuck it all up.

I had a friend who went to work for the one in Montreal and ended up leaving as he found it to be a horribly frustrating place to work.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=71859

Eurogamer's review.

Summed up thusly....

"The Wii has one great FPS game to its name; unfortunately, that game is spread out over three distinctly disappointing titles. Combine the look and feel (and swordplay) of Red Steel, with the atmosphere, superb presentation and wonderful level design of Call of Duty 3, and pull it all together with the perfectly honed control system of Far Cry: Vengeance, and you'd have an amazing game. Right now, though, this is a mess. It's terribly badly presented and utterly lacking in the areas which make the Far Cry franchise great - but through all of that shines a genuinely good, easy to learn and downright fun control scheme."

• 5 months later...

at Hendo's request here are my first impressions:

This game isnt as bad as people made me think it'd be. It's nothing special, just another FPS but my first using the wiimote.

I wasn't able to play much of it though cos it isn't easy keeping the wiimote pointing in the same direction and I kept moving the aim around and it made me dizzy and I ended up with a headache.

Second impressions as soon as I finish Paper Mario on the VC.