passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Magical Starsign

illdog

Seeing this getting only average reviews wasnt enough to put me off so i thought id find out for myself. So far, 5 hours into the game, im glad i did.

Its in classic SNES RPG format with graphics and gameplay to match - go here, talk to this person, beat the crap out of this boss, buy tin hat and leather armout to up my defence from 5 to 6 - you know. Its turn based combat as opposed to free combat.

Its little 'twist' is its Astrology System - the planets of the Baklava system rotate around the sun. Each planet has an elemental assignment, like Wood (the brown planet), Fire (the Red planet), Water (the blue planet)....yawn... The sun gives off 5 different colours of light, one for each of the five planets. When a plant is in its own zone, this powers up your character or the enemy your fighting, dpending upon their elemental alignment...snooze...

It brings absolutely nothing to its genre, but its cutsey-poo graphics and jolly music remind me of Secret of Mana which automatically makes me like it. Oh, and its all touch screen controls which is nice to see.

• 1 month later...

Ive clocked up 19 hours now and i reckon ive still another five to go. Tis a cracking little title, i hope somebody else gives it a chance.

The bosses are getting extra tough now, the last one was an epic ten minute battle that had me sweating, especially when the bosses star is in its astrological zone and he powers up, i was absolutely shitting my pants! Luckily you can learn a spell to speed up the orbit of planets, but its at the expense of an incredible amout of Magic Points.

The story remains excellent too!

Truly a sleeping giant.

w00t indeed! I finally finished this tonight. 28 hours and 51 mins of gameplay for £20 delivered, thats pretty bloody good.

Although i enjoyed this game all the way through, it did drag on a little toward the end. And fucking hell, Ive never fought so many bosses in my bloody life! They just didnt stop, I think i fought everybody i met throughout the game and a few surprise ones they just made up for shits and giggles. But fuck em, they're all dead now an im their king probably.

For shame on yall for not buying this, you have all missed a great game with a great story.

Wow, thats three very different RPG's Fed. I havent played Mana yet (still sat on the shelf) but I think i preffered Starsign over Contact, but Lost Magic was superb.

This is a classic stylee RPG, Contact is just bizarre and Lost Magic is more fighting based.

Not a big fan of Lost Magic. Superb ideas (That it stole from every game coming) but they just failed in execution due to lag, horrible control scheme (Circle selection anyone?) and rubbish (Read: Non-existant) path-finding. Also, steep difficulty curve (Not helped by the rubbish control method).

In response to future posts: Shut up Illdog, you cum-bag.

dead rabbit wrote:

Chinzon wrote:
I do fancy this, but for the love of jebus, do I have a spare 24 hours for yet another epic RPG? We'll see.

Dont ever start world of warcraft then (it took 40 whole days of my life last year)

and you were casual........ can't remember the combined total of all my characters I think it was closer to 80 days,

SlyEnemy 2.0 wrote:

illdog wrote:
SlyEnemy 2.0 wrote:

Pff.

This is a Magical Starsign thread anyway cocksniff.

I think you'll find free speech is everywhere illdog. You nazi.

You call it free speech, i call it anarchy. Damn hippies.

illdog wrote:

SlyEnemy 2.0 wrote:
illdog wrote:
SlyEnemy 2.0 wrote:

Pff.

You call it anarchy, we call it Rock-music. You damn hippedy-hopper. With your baggy clothes, and your crack cocaine, and your catchin' beats.

SlyEnemy 2.0 wrote:

illdog wrote:
SlyEnemy 2.0 wrote:
illdog wrote:
SlyEnemy 2.0 wrote:

Pff.

You call it anarchy, we call it Rock-music. You damn hippedy-hopper. With your baggy clothes, and your crack cocaine, and your catchin' beats.

So do I win or do you?