passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

DANGERMAN

not a thread that's going to get a lot of replies, but Steam are doing a spring cleaning event and it got me to play 140. I'm glad it did too, it's a cool little game with a few frustrating difficulty spikes

I'm pretty sure the title is related to 140 rpm (actually BPM, thanks google). It's a rhythm platformer, very simple looking. When you start the background beat might make some simple changes to the world, so every 4th beat a platform switches position. As you progress you catch orbs, take them back to a hub and that starts the next act which adds another track. This track will alter things in different ways, so perhaps making platforms in the next area move up and down on slide. It builds up so there's multiple things happening on multiple beats.

It's cool, the levels get quite tricky and you have to start listening and counting the beat, or at least I did, rather than just intuit it. There's bosses too, these are all pretty different, which is to the game's credit, but it's also where I started to get a little frustrated. One of them I just couldn't see the pattern, I'm not sure how you're supposed to pick up on it, there must be some tell I wasn't seeing, but even with a guide telling me the order to move in I still had to get lucky to do it

It's a cool game though, not very long at all really, and it does then unlock a 1-death and you restart mode, which is brutal. It's cool, I shouldn't have waited so long to play it