passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The Legend of Legacy

illdog

1 - I like this game and it looks beautiful.

2 - It's really hard, or I'm shit at it which makes me not want to play it.

I'll tell you why. Twice now i've unexpectedly come up against bosses that have both time whipped my ass. You get one continue, so the first boss I got second time by changing my tactics. Second boss didnt respond to my tactical change and fucked me twice. As I didnt expect to fight him i obviously didnt save or anything before hand and lost half hour of play, a half hour that i'd enjoyed. It leads me to believe it's a grinder, nore than i would have expected for the first hour of the game.

It all starts with you picking your character, their stats are displayed underneath and there's about 7 of them so I went for one with a good slice of everything (Att, Def and Hit Points). She also happened to be the character with bouncy tits but that was just a bonus, Anyways, little cut scene later and your paired up with a couple of nippers and it's your task, along with a bunch of other adventurers that you only see in the cut scene, to map an area of forest. So off you trot with your dudes, in to the forest. Your top screen is a map that fills out as you explore. It's not a missive area and it fills out pretty quick but it does have sub areas. You get to sell your map after you've explored an area but you get more money if it's 100% complete. I havent sold a map yet, complete or otherwise.

So, as you explore you find little things to look at, like an old monument or a hole in the ground. These seem to serve no purpose most of the time. Then there's the enemies. These wonder around the map as a big bug or a black flying devil looking thing and when you initiate the fight there's normally two or three creatures to fight.

Fighting is turn based but the game encourages you to use one guy as a blocker. So you pick a fight formation, pick what everyone's gonna do then let that shit play out. Then at the end of the fight you level up or whatever, it's a turn based RPG, you know the crack.

Back to that first boss I fought. See, I picked the formation the game wants me to use the most (Pegasus) and I used a blocker at the front and two attackers behind and it didnt work at all. The bosses blows were so powerful that my blocker went down pretty quick, my attacks were weak and the offensive line went down within a couple of the bosses direct blows. So, next go i changed it up. Went to an all attacking line up (where everyoone stands next to each other), swapped the blockers shield for a fucking great sword that he also carries and went to town. The hit distribution was such that everyone was down to very little hp by the time I won but no-one had died so I was still getting in three attacks everytime, plus the added attack strength of my blocker with his super sword. To cut a long story short neither tactic worked for the second boss, which is why it's gotta be a grindathon me thinks.

ALTHOUGH... I have an item, i cant remember now if I got it after the first boss fight or I found it just before or after but I think itmay be what I need to do/use, I've literally just thought of that. I'll try it later.

I really want this game to grip me but this ass fucking it seems to hand out isn't helping. Lets hope it's just me being stupid.

Is this the one where the trees etc pop as you walk along? If so I played the demo and it looks amazing. I wasn't feeling the game that much though, like you I was trouncing things until I all of a sudden wasn't and lost progress

Yea, that's the boy.