passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Volume

Hendo

This is the next game Mike Bithell made after Thomas Was Alone and if you've played that.....well, it's nothing like that.

Although it does have Danny Wallace doing one of the voices.

It's a more-or-less top-down stealth game that reminds me most of the Metal Gear Solid VR Missions. In fact, Kojima gets a thanks in the credits, along with a personal note to anyone who bought the game as it will help fund the next one, which is a nice touch to put on there.

There's some pretty cool gadgets you can use to distract enemies or silently run on floors that will normally make noise but no guns. It's strictly all about the stealth and working out the puzzle of each room.

There's a lot of levels but there's also a level editor, which is of no use to me, but the way levels are shared seems pretty intuitive and recommended ones should rise to the top easily so enough to keep me going.

Finished now.

I felt a little bit disappointed at the end as I was expecting and hoping for an epic final level, set in the real world.

As it was, it's a pretty good game. It keeps giving you new toys and enemy types all the way through, and the end of the story pretty much sets it up for the user created levels to exist.

The biggest shame is that the user levels menu is pretty broken at the moment.