passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Two Brothers

radiofloyd

Two Brothers is a retro Zelda-like that was successfully kickstarted in September 2012:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ackkstudios/two-brothers-0

Right now you can get it on their own humble store for $9.99 or wait for it to appear on Steam sometime in the coming days.

I've played the opening half-hour or so and It's a beautiful game with a lovely gameboy-style soundtrack and art style, with controller support.

twobrothers2_zpscfab0b40.jpg

I've been rotating between playing this, Spelunky, Papers Please and Shadowrun Returns - and damn they're all great!

tb2_zps139181ec.jpg

As you can tell from this and the above screenshot, animals play a big part in the art style of the game. The aim of the game seems to be to restore colour to the game world, similar to Okami (and by doing so bring your wife back to life, somehow or other). So far the game has been linear and I've been moving forward at a good pace. Now I'm in a location called Marin's Bay (a nice nod to Link's Awakening) and I think I'm about to explore the first dungeon.

Combat has been very basic and Zelda-like so far, most enemies die with one or two whacks. The writing is very nice, as you would expect from a whimsical game like this...