passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

syndicate

DANGERMAN

I'm playing on ps3, and while I'm glad it's a rental because it's not all that good, I do wish I was playing on pc. The character models in Syndicate look shit, which I know isn't a big deal but they look out of place with the texture work and lighting which are both pretty good. The lighting has its own problems though as like Deus Ex it loves bloom and light bleeding in. Unlike Deus Ex though this is an fps and not being able to see people is a huge problem, especially later on when you have to take out enemies with jammers so you can target shielded enemies.

The main reason I wish I was playing on pc though is the controls. The shooting itself feels pretty good, kind of like CoD, but aiming is a bit shit. There's also not quite enough buttons for everything so it's not apparent how to throw grenades or that you have secondary fire types.

The breach moves (hacking guns, brainwashing people to fight for you, getting them to commit suicide) aren't as at your fingertips as I'd like, but I don't know how they could have done it better. What it means though is that when the opportunity to maximise the use of a suicide to take out a group presents itself, by the time you've selected the right move the enemies have dispersed. A shame because when they work you feel like a super soldier.

The tone of the game is great, and when the lighting isn't getting in the way it looks like you'd want a cyberpunk game to look. The game has felt harder than it probably is because I'm struggling with the controls, but it's not a disaster, just not particularly great.

One of the guns is called Kusunagi, which is a nice nod to Ghost in the Shell

Is he the one that creates clones of himself, if so I don't know how I managed to beat him.

I forgot to mention in my last post, the game has doors where you have to hammer a button to open them. Easily the stupidest gaming trope