passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Shoot Many Robots

Hendo

• 11 months later...

Been waiting for this for a year now, it's finally out.

I was a little surprised it's priced in the mid-range of downloadable games (800 points on XBLA) but then I can understand it.

The Eurogamer review points out that it'll most likely be too hard on your own so best to play with buddies.

Playing it with Hinn now. :)

Hinn's probably a better person to answer that as he's put more time into it than me, but yeah, it seems pretty good so far. Feels very retro in some ways but then with the modern customisation thing going on.

The downside is how much you have to grind to get good gear and yet, obviously these days, you can bypass all that time by giving them real money for in-game currency. Much like Gotham City Impostors, if you can get past the dodgier side of feeling made to pay extra money, it's a good game.

I've played it a fair bit, completed it on normal today but still only level 32.

Its a decent side scrolling shoot em up, reminds me of the old contra days, except you have double jump and melee attack.

It's not really massive robots, there are a few but not many, the robots arnt at a variety either.

It focuses heavily on customisation, if it didnt have that, i wouldnt havnt have bought this game, there is a vast amount of weapons & armour to buy, all with level requirements and stats but before you can buy items, you have to discover them by finidng them as loot or in crates when going through the missions. Some items will include extra moves, slide, slam and hover, which can really help depending on the way you play.

An ability has been added into the game where you can deflect red bullets at the robot who fired, which requires a bit of timing, the further into the story you go, the more they shoot you with these.

It is a very fun game but it definitely needs to be played in co-op, it does get hard quick!