passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Dead Rising 2

stoobie

It would be better to level up more, instead of restarting just join other peoples games online.

I always used a defiler, Sledgehammer + axe, and jumped and press X quickly run back a little when they try to counter and repeat. Its a rather quick and strong attack and you only need to finish one of them, i recommend amber as she is right in front of you when you start.

Stoobie, when fighting Psycho's, Painkillers are your friends. Mix two alcoholic drinks together in a juicer and take it just as the fight starts or when youve run to a temporary safe spot. It massively reduces the amount of damage taken from Psycho's see. And the weapon Hinn mentioned is awesome, as is combining Boxing Gloves with a Bowie Knife.

It might be best to ignore the cases and getting Zombrex for Katey and just get those survivors in. There's a magazine in the first proper mission after you give Katey her first Zombrex (where Rebbecca makes you slowly follow her to the security monitor room) that give a decent boost PP on Survivor related things as long as you keep it in your inventory.

It might be best to re-start the story dude, just to concentrate on levelling up.

Mix two alcoholic drinks together in a juicer and .. It massively reduces the amount of damage taken

Ah - just like real life.

Hopefully will be back on this tonight - I will try the painkiller option but I am pretty sure I saved just before the sisters fight with only a bit of time to go so i might not get chance. Failing that I will start it again. I can watch the cutscenes I skipped then :)

Im going for the ultimate playthorugh now. Last run i saved 47 survivors, missing out on the 50 survivors cheeve by..take off the 9...times by 12...divide by pie...11. No wait, 3.

So this run im going for story and survivor count, plus the remaining Psychopath cards. Ive just done mission 2-2 and ive rescued 19 so its looking good so far. Got the 8 survivors at once quite early on and i just went into a Pawn Shop ive never been in and the Window Shopper (enter all stores in Fortune City) cheeve popped. t00t.

I'm kind of swaying between getting this cheap for the PC (and probably not having anyone to play the multiplayer side of things with), Or waiting a few months for it to get cheap on the 360 (and probably not having anyone left to play the multiplayer side of things with).

The advantages of the PC (increased resolution, better framerates, potential for installing a trainer for fucking around after completion)are winning out right now.

(potential for installing a trainer for fucking around after completion)

What, may i ask, is one of those?

It's like a really comfortable shoe.

Or a mod that basically lets you turn various cheats on/off, and play around with other settings to change things in the game.

A-woohoo! Level 50 baby!

Also, Sledgehammer combine with Fire Axe is the greatest weapon in the world against Psycho's.

Im further in the story than ive ever been, on case 4 now. My theory this time is to do the Case missions poste haste to get them out the way but in turn this seems to be giving me less survivor missions. Im not sure if it works this way, i know certain survivors appear at certain times but i dont know if doing a case mission immediately would make certain survivors not appear at all. I might just be trippin.

I've restarted - I tried the slutty sisters with a painkiller and some decent weapons but I still got panned. Its not too bad starting again - not as bad as the first game anyways.

I think this will be a mess around playthrough - find combos, give gifts, get achievements - that kind of thing. I want to be 25ish before I start a proper run through.

Dead Rising 2 Themed Costume DLC Unveiled

Written Wednesday, October 06, 2010 By Richard Walker

Just in case you haven't dressed Chuck up in enough outlandish apparel while playing Dead Rising 2, Capcom is releasing four new sets of costumes complete with appropriate items and weaponry. There'll be one themed costume arriving each week for the next four weeks on the Xbox Live Marketplace from October 12th.

First up is the Psychopath Theme Pack: (Available from October 12), which sees Psycho Chuck sporting a new “insane” look complete with blood-stained apron and hockey mask that will apparently make him more difficult to kill somehow. He'll also get an array of brutal weapons such as chainsaws, meat cleavers and axes.

The following week, the Soldier of Fortune Theme Pack: (Available from October 19) will hit the Marketplace, giving Chuck a Rambo-style soldier costume granting double ammo, increased shooting accuracy, more firepower and increased headshot accuracy as well as a new special attack when using automatic weapons.

The Sports Theme Pack: (Available from October 26) increases the damage Chuck deals when using sports-themed weapons and so items like golf balls, basketballs and so on bounce more before stopping, enabling you to hit more zombies. Chuck also has a new charge and tackle attack for taking zombies down. Chuck will also earn more from gambling, gain more health while eating and drinking (especially alcohol) and not get sick from drinking to excess, like a proper jock.

Finally, the Ninja Theme Pack: (Available from November 2) enables you to create Ninja Chuck with a new “stealth mode” where zombies need to get closer to Chuck before detecting his presence. Consequently, Chuck is harder for the zombies to grab and take down, and Chuck’s damage is increased with sword-type weapons like katanas and broadswords. He also gets special attacks with swords. Stackable items and throwing items (nails, plates, gems, etc.) will also do added damage as Chuck’s throwing speed is increased.

There's no pricing confirmed for the packs as yet, but you will be able to mix and match the items from the packs, so if you want to dress Chuck in ninja sandals with a psycho hockey mask and camouflage slacks, then you can. Look out for them from October 12th on the Xbox Live Marketplace.

I've restarted - I tried the slutty sisters with a painkiller and some decent weapons but I still got panned. Its not too bad starting again - not as bad as the first game anyways.

I think this will be a mess around playthrough - find combos, give gifts, get achievements - that kind of thing. I want to be 25ish before I start a proper run through.

You'll level up pretty quick too. You can go for the 8 survivors at once achievement at the beginning as well.

I see what you mean about those twins. I smashed em good cos im a level 50 Fire God but if you were a meer minion at level 15 or whatever I can see the problems they might cause, they’re tricky little hussies. Hot tho. Dead now.

You'll level up pretty quick too.

Really quickly - I just got Katey all the presents I could plus snowflake and I am already level 24 after a couple hours of play. I am hanging out for the Art Appreciation mission so I can get her the last gift before starting again as she has everything apart from the picture and they dont carry over through playthroughs. Neither do zombie kills, so getting the 72000 kills achievement is not for me :o

I've failed the storyline on this playthrough so all I need to do is get Zombrex now and then - other than that I can do whatever :)

I made all the juice combos last night but didnt get the achievement. I guess you have to drink them as well....

Yea you have to drink them all, i made that mistake n had to do it again -.-

So many of the cheevos are one playthrough, would of helped if it said!

Got the death from afar last night, took me ages tho for several items, i kept retrying the wrong ones, last one i needed was a box of nails :facepalm:

Gonna need more playthroughs than i thought now!

Im doing a mission which you dont get a call for. The mission, you have to do it on day 3 and the door opens at 6am. You need to give him a plate and cement saw uncombined. But there cant be more than 4 survivours on the map, so i went round killing em all. Then at Case 6 - 1. day 4, u shud get a call at 9am - 1am to save all 4 of them and get them bk to the safehouse past the gas zombies. I havnt been getting the call ¬_¬

Im doing a mission which you dont get a call for. The mission, you have to do it on day 3 and the door opens at 6am. You need to give him a plate and cement saw uncombined. But there cant be more than 4 survivours on the map, so i went round killing em all. Then at Case 6 - 1. day 4, u shud get a call at 9am - 1am to save all 4 of them and get them bk to the safehouse past the gas zombies. I havnt been getting the call ¬_¬

Yea, its called Tape it or Die. Theres a door in the Pallisades Mall in the sports shop ground floor thats only open on Day 3 that leads to this mission as Hinn said. If you complete the mission you eventually get a call from Satcey to rescue them. Worked for me. :)

Oh, and i didnt have to go round killing everyone. There cant be more than 8 active missions Hinn, not more than 8 survivors full stop. If you do all the missions as soon as they are available there's never a problem.