passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Ninja Gaiden

dante76

So onto the grindfest of games that is Ninja Gaiden (not Black). I'm playing this on the 360, its fully BC and upscales very well, making it somehow graphically superior to some 360 games.

Playing through on Hard setting

First impressions, its essentially Devil May Cry but a bit more difficult (sort of sub Dante Must Die skill level), got the hang of the combat system, eg defend constantly. On the down side, the controls aren't that well explained, and I'm still not sure how to do magic, as the manual doesn't actually tell me.

Currently up to lvl 3 out of 15 after 1 hard day of playing, so longevity is there. More reports to come...

When this is flowing in combat it can be the most beautiful game in the world. I never did get past the giant statue when its floating head comes off.

I'm still hunting for a copy of Sigma and if anyone knows where you can get it at 'a nice price' (/Resi 4 merchant) it would be appreciated. Or if anyone has one they don't want anymore?

• 3 weeks later...

Alma's the purple lady, right? I don't remember having much trouble with her. /smug

I think the first boss I got too that really started to make me go red is the first time you fight that samurai guy that turns up at the start. He's a proper cunt.

Playing through on Hard setting

I suppose that explains why it was annoying then, I found the alternative weapons in this one to be pretty useless compared to the Dragon Sword, are you sticking with the Sword too?

Big spoilers here Dante, so don't click. Only for the eyes of DC and others that have finished.

Alma was that cunt of a woman that floated about the level throwing purple balls and pillars at you. She turns up later in the game as well, but luckily she isn't much of a cunt to beat the 2nd time round.

And I'm done.

Alma 2nd time was strangely easier. The Ghost Fish were very tiresome, and the trip to hell was tricky with out any saves.

The final battle was a bizarre doddle though.

On a side line you'd think some people would stay dead....

Might try it again in a few months on Very Hard...

I think she is easier second time round because you are not fighting with the camera all the time. I died loads because I couldn't see her throwing the pillars at me when I played it through, but the second time I could keep my eyes on her pretty much all the time. Helps that you can keep a safe distance away from her as well, in the church she was always on fucking top of you.