passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Punch-Out!!

HandsomeDead

I'm surprised there I had to start this thread, I thought one of the more old school Nintendo fans would be all over this.

I'm new to the series, never played the NES or SNES games. I'm one the second batch of fighters, the Tiger fellow to be exact and I'm struggling with him, the others up to him I breezed through but I'm starting to understand the timing based nature of the game and I'm finding it much more of a challenge now and can see scope for it becoming more troublesome. I know classic controls are available but I've been rocking it casual style with flaling and shit and I have no issues as the work perfectly well.

This soon on I'm enjoying it more than I thought. Proper good stuff.

I was worried they would hash this up like Wii Sports boxing but theyve kept it nice and simple, chuck and mote movement for left and right swings to the body, same movements but with up on the chuck held to hit the face. This games all about pattern recognition, hitting your opponent as they are about to hit you. If he's coming with his right to your face, you counter with your left to his face just before he hits you. This builds up your star power so you can unleash a more powerful special move.

Only done the Minor Circuit so far but its brilliant.

I'm now on the World Circuit and I can't beat that cunt you fight first, Aaron Ryan I think he's called.. Someone else get to him and tell me the trick to him, he moves around so much and the timing of his punches are all over the shop.

I'm now on the World Circuit and I can't beat that cunt you fight first, Aaron Ryan I think he's called.. Someone else get to him and tell me the trick to him, he moves around so much and the timing of his punches are all over the shop.

Im just on him now, havent fought him yet, ill repoert back in a sec.

The Indian Tiger guy and Don Flamenco in the second batch of fighters are a ridiculous step up in difficulty, they both took me five goes before i beat them. Getting some good exersice, im sweating my tits off.

Double post - Aran Ryan then.

The key to beating him is when he ducks down to your right and taps his head twice. As soon as he does this shake your right had and Mac performs a body blow that stops Aran in his tracks, then give him the old 1,2,3. All his other moves can be dodged and immediately followed with a right to the body, except the move mentioned above, that can be stopped or ducked. I expect you can counter all of his moves with the right puch, i just dicovered that tactic early on and stuck to it.

Triple post.

The harder things get, the more you accept that your not going to beat anyone first go anymore. You have to loose a couple of times just to figure out how to beat anyone now, the last guy i just beat was case and point.

Soda Popinski - not exactly the toughest guy in the world but he hits really hard and you only have a microsecond to get out of the way of his punches. I felt like giving up after a couple of knock downs but then i realised he punches in a formulaic pattern. Obviously once this was down so was he, but now i have to do it all again for the next guy.

Thanks to Illdozzle's advice I got past Aran. I haven't been using attacks to stop attacks so knowing that made it a piece of cake. I got to the Soda fellow but had to leave, I only had one go at him and I don't think he'll be that much of a problem, just need to be quick.

Super Macho Man is ridiculously hard. I think i lost like 8 times in a row to him before i was sweating too much to play anymore. He's ridiculously hard. Im going to have to consult Gamefaqs and go to bed feeling dirty.

• 3 weeks later...

Despite my positive impressions I haven't played it since I last posted, I'm not stuck I just haven't gone back to it. I think I've been buying more games than I can possibly play again. I thought I was breaking that habbit. :mellow:

Under a tenner is a fine deal though.