passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

obscure consoles

Jimboxy

Virtual Boy

i've always wanted a virtual boy, unclear why

Because they're great?

now i want one even more. what games would you recommend for it?

My favourites on the system (or at least, of the ones I have) are Vertical Force, which is a Hudson Star Soldier stylee shmup and Telero Boxer which is tough as old boots, but is a brilliant Punch Out style slugathon and has brilliant controls. Admittedly, there aren't millions of brilliant games, but Mario Tennis, Panic Bomber and V-Tetris are also good, if not earth-shattering. The 3D works surprisingly well, but it does make your eyes feel weird after a while.

i didn't know they even made that many games for it!

There were 22 released apparently. I have 7. Red Alarm is probably the weakest in my collection and even that isn't a bad game.

Thanks Jay! i think that's why i never looked more into getting one, i like the idea of having/playing one but there just aren't any games i would really want, same for the wonderswan.

I always liked the idea of a Wonderswan and my gf ended up buying one for me one christmas. I haven't got many games for it so far though. I think there's a lot of text-heavy stuff on the system so there's a lot in its library that wouldn't suit most western gamers. Of the games I've got, Guilty Gear is supposed to be good (haven't played it yet), Gunpey is of course a classic (I have Tara Panda No Gunpey - which is a panda-themed variation :)), Street Dancer is a half-decent rhythm game and From TV Animation One Piece Grand Battle Swan Colloseum is a great Smash Bros style fighter. In fact it plays like a predecessor to Jump Superstars. I was delighted to find Puyo Puyo 2 recently too. A friend of mine has a brilliant version of Crazy Climber which uses the two sets of directional buttons to emulate the joysticks of the arcade original.