passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Painkiller - PC

DANGERMAN

Kind of inspired by the Yahtzee review I tracked this down the other day. I can really see while it's talked about as being the unofficial Doom 3.

The game starts out in a cemetary and you're attacked my hordes of zombie knights, there's some shotgun shells, but you can use the default weapon of grappling spike and spinning blades. There's nothing clever to the enemies so far, they just wander forward and attack, whilst I tear towards them and rip their limbs off. Back in the day I used to love whacking Doom and Quake 2 onto the hardest setting, putting God Mode On and giving myself all the weapons then just going on a rampage, this has that kind of feeling to it

I picked up Painkiller for the PC around two years ago, id heard something about it being similar to Doom and it was cheap. Im confused though, is there two versions of this game?

But anyhow, the one i have i good for a laugh, it by no mean breaks any bounderies of the FPS world, but it does have som nice weapons, satisfying kills, and some HUGE bosses. That was quite a good video game moment for me, when the first main boss appears in the cemetery and he completley dwarfs you!

Might have to dig this out, but i believe ive borrowedit to someone who's since moved away...