passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Bought a 360

Noize

I finally bought a 360 over last weekend.

I always thought I would buy a Wii first, but things change. I will definitely get a Wii, but it'll have to wait until christmas (my wife absolutely want one this christmas, if we CAN FIND ONE - it's still hard as fuck to get one in any freakin store out here in Canada).

In the meantime, I've been enjoying Forza 2 (came with the bundle I've bought) and been trying some demos. DiRT is very good, and Ridge Racer 6 is very fun too (yeah, I'm a Ridge Racer bitch). My wife tried Viva Pinata and she liked it a lot. I've seen lots of discount prices on 360 games at a local store, so I might eventually get Ridge Racer 6, Rockstar Table Tennis, Perfect Dark Zero, Dead or alive 4, Kameo, and a bunch of other games...

Now I know why I've bought my big ass HDTV two years ago. 1920x1080 gaming. B)

If anyone want to add me to their friend list, my XBL gamer tag is "Realnoize"

Congrats Noize! And yes, it does look lovely in HD.

Try and track down Crackdown/Riot Act (the Asian title, region free goodness :)) It's my favourite game on 360 by a long chalk, and the most fun "sandbox" game ever! and it should be reasonably cheap now.

Nice one Noize I can recommend Dead Rising as its a real homage to Romero and a great game to boot. I cant so easily recommend Crackdown the lack of camera tracking annoyed me emmensely sansmouse even though the developers work about a mile from my house i might go ask them why ;)

The new NHL game is also excellent not the EA one though if you are your typical Canadian that will be your cup of tea, I also am one of only a few peopel to have enjoyed Perfect Dark aswell though id say its only good if you lurve your shooters.

Bought Dead Rising and Ridge Racer 6 yesterday, for real bargain prices. Yay for me.

So far, I really like Dead Rising, sucky controls aside (especially camera controls, they're fucking horrible).

And Ridge Racer 6 is the perfect arcade racer for me. I have more fun with it than with Burnout Revenge. (Burnout 3 was perfect, I can't stand Revenge for more than 10 minutes).

Oh, and my tag on XBL is "Realnoize", if anyone wants to add me to their friend list (dunno if I said it already).

Noize wrote:

Bought Dead Rising and Ridge Racer 6 yesterday, for real bargain prices. Yay for me.

So far, I really like Dead Rising, sucky controls aside (especially camera controls, they're fucking horrible).

Good choice and you're right about the camera controls but it was so hard to care when your ramming a shopping trolley into the mass undead or driving golf balls into their crotches.

Shin_Seffron wrote:

Dunno if its the same everywhere, but the Tesco by me is selling Crackdown for a mere £20 snots. Well worth that amount of anyones cash!

I reckon a UK tesco is a fair bit out of the way for our man in Canada ;)

Centy wrote:

Shin_Seffron wrote:
Dunno if its the same everywhere, but the Tesco by me is selling Crackdown for a mere £20 snots. Well worth that amount of anyones cash!

I reckon a UK tesco is a fair bit out of the way for our man in Canada ;)

Yeah. :laugh:

But Crackdown is still at its full release price over here, meaning 70 bucks, at most places. Although I think I saw it selling for 50 somewhere...

That game is on my list though. Along with Gears of War.

And Earth Defense Force 2017 for good brainless huge-ass alien killing action.

• 1 month later...