passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Jet Impulse / DS Air

Centy

With no news on wether we will see DS Air anytime soon and knowing the Japanese version is out i decided to check what it was all about and so far i have been pleasantly surprised.

The game is actually very easy to play through in Japanese as most of the menus and stuff you need to know is in english and the rest is pretty easy to guess.

I'm just getting into story mode but i saw local and WFC play on the menus and the ability to load out your plane as you like (all in japanese so havent touched). The controls are really easy to get to grips with and are changable i found that advanced controls suited me best and off i went TBH it really needs touch screen controls but the dpad is pretty good instead.

Anyone else interested in DS Air when it finally arrives?

Little bit of an update then as you're all so interested and bombarding me with questions :pinch:

Ive now had a chance to play the multiplayer mode with some japanese gentlemen granted I had to wait until 3am to get a match, and i only got 3, but it was worth the wait.

There are 4 modes for online play that i have found so far which are. Balloon Attack, Bomb Darts, Battle Royal and Boss Match.

Battle royal is your standard versus match, boss match is where you compete to do the most damge to a bos out of 100% the other 2 are fairly self explanitory minigames.

My lack of being able to read japanese kanji means my understanding of the game is limited but as far as I can tell its a 2 player only game over the wifi and with the framerate the way it is i can understand why. The worst part of the game ive seen so far is the lack of a friendcode menu or i can't find one atleast :S

The other WFC aspect I though was cool though is the ability to download new planes as more are added every month and you can download and store 3 of these planes which you can use online or in freeplay. Also there is a ranking system which goes up with what you do in anymode icluding minigames and online.

Currently loving the system bar the lack of friendcodes and having alot of fun with the game and its quite varied and lots to see do and the controls are even growing on me right now i cannot wait for DS Air though i hope they rename it Jet Impulse for over here it's so much cooler :D

Good idea of what the game is like Here also with a link to the official Jet Impulse site here

Centy wrote:

My lack of being able to read japanese kanji means my understanding of the game is limited but as far as I can tell its a 2 player only game over the wifi and with the framerate the way it is i can understand why.

Do you think that's a problem due to the game itself or the distance between you and your opponent?

No i think its down to the game looking quite stunning in places as the framerate dips on the odd occasion in singleplayer but who knows the US version might get a complete over haul which would explain why its taking them so long to get a translation of a game thats already 50% in english.

Well as i mentioned this in the podcast ive been regularly staying up late to play this game online and its sill a bit hit and miss but im on chapter 8 of story mode and its suddenly got bastard hard i was sailing through it uptill now :( but its giving me the chance to play the Flee Pray mode (hehe) and use the points to get more lovely unlockables.

At this point i would reccommend this to anyone who likes a good flight sim DS Air still being no where in sight means this is the best you'll get and its all very easy to understand with the Jet Impulse Strategy wiki page

• 1 month later...