passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Mario Hoops 3 on 3

illdog

Here's a love hate relationship if ever there was one.

It plays a nice little game, hats of the the control system, at least they've tried something different, but i found the whole thing just too frustrating to able to enjoy it properly.

I beat the first three competiotions, unlocked the Rainbow Cup, beat that (and there's a little suprise there too) and even tho i won, i was literally shaking with rage afterwards. I had to go and chill for a bit on my own. I was very close to smashing my precious FFIII DS, if it wasnt so precious...

The problem is the computer AI. It seems to be with all sports games, sometimes the computer just wants to score a goal/shoot a 3 pointer/ put an impossible put and there's nothing you or God can do about it, its happening. And its so fucking annoying. Add to this the random player switching (which is made worse by the fact there are only three of you on the court) and the at times unresponsive touch screen contols and you have a recipe for an 18 part DS.

Also worth mentioning is the courts themselves. You know you cant just play on a normal court all the time, you have ice (awfull), underwater (awfull), on a pirate ship on rocky water (annoying) and various other themes that add to the frustration. Getting the ball can be annoying enough, but getting hit by fire or ice as your heading for the basket unhindered by the CPU players makes you want to kill someone.

In completing Normal difficulty, ive unlocked Hard. Im probably not going to try it....

But I kinda want too. Cos even tho my forehead vains were pulsating to dangerous proportions, I still enjoyed passing the ball around, collecting coins and finishing off a great move with a rad dunk. The control system makes it harder to play than it should be and thats the frustrating part, but i still wanted to play to the end. On a normal court and when things are going your way its a good game, but thats far to much of a specific and not something you'll encounter very often.

Its too much for the angry gamer to bare - so Fed, leave it alone.