passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

R-type

Hendo

Excuse the double post and shortness of my replies as I'm on the Wii at a mate's place.

It's exactly how I remember the game, looks ace and runs very smooth. It is single player only but then so was the original. Only shame is that unlike MAME you can't add more credits to the standard 3, but then I suppose it would be a walkover.

I've got 5 VC games now and this is one of the best - and they're all awesome!

Worth 800 points? Definately!

bought this today as well, am enjoying it but not as much as Hendo, I never really got into the original and bought it this time just because it is gaming history and deserves a chance.

I'm a bit meh, I haven't given it much of a chance but I find it quite difficult.

So I am enjoying it, but don't really like it at the same time if that makes sense, in no way do I think it is better than Gunstar Heroes,

Just another side of the coin for y'all, still good though, I'd say worth 600 points not 800, maybe it will come down in price :P (j/k)

• 1 month later...

Hendo wrote:

Yeah I'd say that if you didn't like it in the first place it won't change your mind. The original though is a big part of my gaming history so I'm loving it.

Me too Hendo. It's one of the first games I remember that blew me away. I had it on the ZX Spectrum, and it was the best looking game for it at the time with very little colour clash, to add to that it's a fantastic little game to boot.

If you can get hold of it Hendo, have a look for R-Type Leo on Mame. It was released in Japan only and it's very different from the other R-Types. It's got 2player mode for a start. It's one of my favourite R-Types (Following the original, and the hideously difficult Super R-Type on Snes).

Me likey R-Type :D