passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Close to the Sun

shinymcshine

New to Gamepass, went in to this one blind, only to find it was one of those walking simulators - albeit as things progress there's a threat / death element, and some puzzling - so thankfully it's a bit more like Amnesia than being wholly sedate.

Also it looks and feels gorgeous, with a full on art deco (Bioshockesque) theming and interesting story centred around scientists and Nikola Tesla.

Only real downside is the absence of any clearly defined save system, so aside from completing an area I've no idea how /:when it saves, so I've ended up doing 5-10 mins of repetition at times upon restarting.

So far, so good (3.5 hrs played).

A couple more chase sequences today - they are a bit irksome, since taking the correct pathway is trial and error, and any mistakes mean death, but they are thankfully short enough not to be too frustrating....

Oh FFS - Ch 8 has a chase sequence, that probably lasts no more than 10 seconds, but seems like you have to do it pixel perfect, 100% error free, in order to complete it - must have tried 30 times already......

Spoiler

Pull a lever, do 2x 90° turns, run down some stairs (which include a switchback), do a 180° back past the stairs, avoiding some support beam, hit a switch, door opens ....... and then I die (caught by electric flux monster).

This seems ridiculously difficult, in terms of timing.