passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Dangerous Golf

illdog

I bought this only because it was a fiver in the summer sales on the Xbox. I hadn't heard anything good about it to be honest but I'm a sucker for a bargain.

It turns out it's fucking fun as fuck. I'm in the throws of a balls deep love affair with Prey but this has become the game I play every time I turn my Xbox on.

For those who don't know, this is miniture golf but indoors (for the most part). You smash the ball around in shops and in kitchens and castle's and the likes, trying to rack up a high score. The aim is to cause as much monetary destruction as possible and you are rewarded at the end of your go by a bronze, silver, gold or platinum medal obviously depending on your score. You have to smash a certain number of objects with your tee shot to unlock a 'Smashbreaker' which lets you launch the ball back in the air and you have control over it's direction and what it smashes in to.

This trailer pretty much show you what I said above:

It's broken though. I've managed to slip between the boundries of the gameplay field a few times, the camera can be awful, you land inside objects and cant see a goddamn thing. You can drop inside buckets of water to extend your Smashbreaker by pressing both the triggers whilst above the object, the game let's you know there's an opportunity to do this by giving you an on screen indicator yet it's not 100% accurate, you can still miss. You can be square on to a putt and still miss, like it can sit right on the lip sometimes and other times it flys out of the whole like there was dynamite inside.

For £5 though i can handle it's janky bullshit, i'm nearly done witht the campaign and it's been 15 hours of mostly great fun. I do love fun. Fun.

I finished the single player campaign today, got Golds on all 100 courses because of my awesomeness and fantastic cock.

Some were really fucking hard to get a decent score on, you have to do quite a lot and really get to know where the stuff worth breaking is.

There are always one or two sets of things to go for, like a certain amount of statues or champagne bottles or paint tins. You smash all of these and you get a bonus. Also, certain courses reward you with bonus flags to putt in to depending on your score and like the medals at the end they are bronze, silver, gold and platinum. So after your done with the main course and are ready to putt you can go for these bonus holes first, you get more score for getting them in order, then putting in the main hole. And you can trick shot your way to glory (holes), the more bounces your ball takes off walls and objects the better the multiplier. 

I had had a great time with it. I may or may not go for the platinum medals although some courses had me pulling my hair out just trying for the gold score. I may do a few here and there, I just don’t feel end with it yet but the backlog beckons.