• 3 weeks later...

Reviews:

PC Gamer - 80%

IGN - 6.3

Polygon - 5

Destructoid - 5

Eurogamer

RockPaperShotgun

If you read the reviews this game still sounds pretty fascinating. This article is also worth a read. This quote (about enemy AI) explains one of the more unusual elements of the game:

"Instead of thinking 'how can I make this creature act and serve as an obstacle in the game' I went at it from the angle 'how can I make this creature behave in such a way that it can find food and move around and get back to its home before the night comes'," Jakobsson tells me. "So instead of the AI creatures just existing as a player obstacle, they exist in their own right, they exist there for themselves."

..."all of the creatures in the world exist perpetually. So outside of your frame they're all still alive," he says. "They're hunting food, they're getting into territorial fights, they're finding new shelters and homes and stuff like that. So you're just sorta navigating this chaotic, roiling, alive ecosystem."

But a lot of reviewers complained about the difficulty of the game, the checkpointing system, the controls, and about how the game doesn't really explain anything to you.

Having read the reviews, I'd still like to try it for myself. I've stuck it on my Steam wishlist but the developers have said they are announcing console versions soon so hopefully it will come to Switch.