passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Mighty Switch Force 2

DANGERMAN

Mighty Switch Force 2 is pretty much more of the same, in fact it felt easier and shorter than the first game simply because you already know the mechanics. it does add a few new things though, instead of a blaster you have a hose, which is mainly used for putting out fires or destroying blocks. It's a shame they didn't find a mechanic for the fires because they aren't enough of an obstacle to cause you any real problems, so apart from a couple of sections where the blocks you stand on are actually ovens there's nothing that marks it out as different from the blaster from the first game.

Later on there's green blocks to go with the red/blue that are also affected by the plane switching. There's babies to find in every level to get you to go back and play again, although as I understand it you aren't missing much if you don't get them. It does add to the feeling that there's a more puzzle aspect to this game over the first, certainly I felt I was thinking more than the first game, which I remember being more a test of how quickly and accurately you could switch planes.

If you're as awesome at games as I am then it's pretty short, the 3DS has me tracked at less than 3 hours, which doesn't exactly make the £5 price a bargain, but it;s not too bad considering how good the game is

It's short, but I actually found it trickier to finish than the first game thanks to all the bits where you've got to set the pipe directions to blast water through, because it gives you an extra element to deal with rather than just the standard red/blue switch blocks. Beating the par times and getting stars for each level is also a damn sight harder than the first game, if you're into that kind of thing....even after a few goes practice, I can still only just about beat the par time for the first stage by a couple of seconds, whereas in the original Mighty Switch Force, I could beat the first stage time by around 20-25 seconds.

If they add some free DLC to it like the first game, it'll make it a better package but it's still a decent download for a fiver I thought.