passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Guilty Gear Xrd - SIGN-

HandsomeDead

New Guilty Gear for ALL those people that wanted it

Remember how all you Guilty Gear fans have been craving a true sequel to Arc Sytem's first fighting game series?

It's happening.

Announced at this weekend's Arc Revolution tournament, Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- has entered production. The game is being directed by none other than Guilty Gear mastermind, Daisuke Ishiwatari, and it's apparently running on some form of Unreal Engine. This is obviously a very early trailer, and I expect the final game will probably look and play very differently from what we can see in the video. At this point Sol, Ky, Millia, and Eddie are all confirmed as of now.

In case you can't tell, Ky and Sol are actually 3D models. I have to say, it's pretty incredible how they've managed to make 3D characters look like sprites. I can't wait to see what they do with this.

For the time being, I'm just happy there's a new Guilty Gear on the way.

Heaven or Hell. Let's rock!

Dunno if anyone else is excited as I'm not even a fan of the series, but only because I've not played one. Though Ido quite like BlazBlue and its from the same devs so i may like.

But never mind about the sensible stuff. Look at those 3D polygonal graphics that look exacly like sprites until the camera moves! Why has it took so long for that to happen!?

Why am I more blown away by this than anything we saw on the PS4!?

• 1 month later...

Arc System say scream if you want it on Wii U

Do you want the newest Guilty Gear to come to the Wii U? Well, developer Arc System Works isn't sure if they can justify it, so they're encouraging their fans to sign a petition asking for a Wii U version.

Well, we complain about the "chicken and egg" Wii U and third party issue all the time, but this is your chance to put up and support them directly on the Wii U. This isn't a small-time petition with just a few signatures, likely to go unnoticed by a major publisher. This is an officially sanctioned poll that could very well influence the development of a game on the Wii U.

So if you want it, let Arc System Works know. I just signed it -- the more console versions, the merrier!

I dunno what consoles it's actually for yet, but go on, make a Wii U version, too. It'll be a fun time.

• 2 months later...

This trailer and home versions of the game were announced at the Sony press conference.

We are pleased to announce that the game is currently under development for the PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®3 consoles.

Maybe other versions will be announced outside of this but so far it's PS3 and PS4.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...