passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Castlevania : Harmony of Despair

illdog

yeah, pretty sure thats always been Intelligence

Yep, I think it is, the guide I've been using says otherwise, but I'm sure it's wrong about that.

I've pretty much given up on Jonathon because he feels like such a wimp compared to Charlotte, who I've nearly maxed out.

I looked at the leaderboards for chapter 1 on normal and there's a ridiculous score on there with someone playing as Shanoa. I downloaded the replay and he's fast as fuck and every coin or money-giving chest gives at least 500 gold, most 1000 and some 2000. :mellow:

*EDIT*

It's fake, the guy is a dirty hacker.

I haven't had much problem getting a game, Hinn. Though you might get pulled into Hard games because that's all people seem to play as while they farm for drops.

Can someone explain to me how to learn more spells. I got the nitesco one with Shanoa by absorbing it from a green skeleton, but how do i get others and how do i know who from?

and you can level them up?

Currently using Shanoa and Charlotte.

I got the nitesco one with Shanoa by absorbing it from a green skeleton, but how do i get others and how do i know who from?

The floating shiny women at the top of level two will give you a glyph as well. Im sure its an ice one.

Can someone explain to me how to learn more spells. I got the nitesco one with Shanoa by absorbing it from a green skeleton, but how do i get others and how do i know who from?

and you can level them up?

Currently using Shanoa and Charlotte.

Regarding Shanoa, the other spells can be learned from the white witches, there the ones that are wearing whitle clothes, have blonde hair and float on the sky with a white aura. You absorb the lightening and the ice spells from her. And they are levelled up from use, you dont have to kill an enemy with them, just hit the enemy with them.

Charlotte is Hendo's department, those spells level up by learning them a certain amount of times.

Ive gotten my 10,000 kills, 1 million gold and 300 items achievements now, the fruit of 40+ hours of play. Still not done with it, not by a long shot. Such an awesome game. And im glad some other poeple have finally picked it up, six MFGamers as a team will always be the dream though.

I didnt know lightning was from the same witch as the ice one.

Thats where i got mine!

I've been ignoring them as I had already stole their glyphs! Will be absorbing tonight :)

I've seen someone using a kind of rock fist as well - Im not sure if thats a glyph or a weapon to assign to X/Y - no idea where it comes from either.

I've seen someone using a kind of rock fist as well - Im not sure if thats a glyph or a weapon to assign to X/Y - no idea where it comes from either.

Thats called Lapiste, apparently they can be randomly dropped form anything between Satge 3 to 6. I thought id never had them, but I thought Lapiste was the name of her original crappy weapon. Turns out thats called Confidore, i think i have two Lapiste's sat in my inentory doing nothing. :blush:

I really wanna go home and check.

Correction - heal was a pain, now it's fully learned. :)

Just got some spells to re-learn a few times on chapters 5 and 6 and that's Charlotte pretty much done.

I tried that infinite magic combo where you curse yourself (with mega stat boost) and change your magic abilities to the health bar, but it's not for me, at least not right now. Seeing as I'm still trying to finish learning spells and playing on my own, it really isn't a good idea - once you go less than 40HP you can't heal and so you're fucked. It would probably be best with a group of 6 and just stay slightly behind the double hard bastards, healing constantly and doing pretty much nothing else.

Me and wizzzle dizzle got the seduction achievement, which means he has only one left (the skeleton one) which is mental.

Managed to get all the spells for Shanoa last night, lightning levels up well quick! Guess it always hits tho.

Alot of people seem to hate doing chapter 4 on hard, everytime is changes to it, people leave.

Yeah - I got all the spells last night too. Those witches give out the fire, lightning and ice spells. Took me a couple of runs till I got the lightning one.

I tend to avoid level five - there is a jump on that level which I am pretty sure Shanoa cant do and it always starts me off on a path that means I have to take it. Its one of the big cogs with spikes underneath - I just cant do it with Shanoa. Im fine with the skeleton after I have died - really annoying.

I now need to get a bit faster. As soon as the level starts everyone runs off leaving me trudge my way along after them :(

This game is serious crazy persons crack.

Ive never been so addicted to collecting items and levelling up in a game. If im not playing it im thinking about it or reading about it. And the more i read the more i find out what there is to find and the more I want to play it, its pure insania.

I was doing Chapter 6 Hard with randoms yesterday and i finished top for the first time. :) They were in awe of my double Pnuema combo and my cock.

MOAR.

Soma? Hes got that fast slashy thing and the RPGs, and that diving kick to move faster, plus he can move faster than the girls anyway.

I started charlotte, I beat the first boss alone with her, ane jeez did it take a while.

Whats the best spells i should go for with her? Heals one of them.

The four I've got mapped are Heal, Acidic Bubbles (the one you learn from the things that look like the creatures from the end of Ghostbusters), Flame Shot (I think) and the last one I can't remember the name of but it's the big purple beam that you learn from the green skeletons. The last one just wipes things out while you walk towards them.