passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Saira

HandsomeDead

Yeah, I know no-one is that interested but you might want to check this out if you have the chance.

saira9a.png

This one is on the PC, got mine from Steam but other means could be available. It's tough to explain, basically, it's a Metroidvania game and you jump planets in your cliche flying saucer finding bits of technology because stuff has happened which I'm not going in to. The art style is particularly unique, when you visit Mars for example it looks like any industrial estate you like and a 80's Porsche 911 Carrera is parked in the foreground... I never saw that in Total Recall. In game it looks like a mix of LocoRoco and LittleBIGPlanet and the momentum based physics reminds me of N+ so it's familiar and like something I've never played before all at the same time, which is neat.

When it comes to what you will be doing then you'll be platforming (using the funky N+ inspired jumping) and puzzle solving. There is no combat (so far). The puzzles have been really good, they remind me of the ones found in Machinerium or the Layton games, maybe a little easier, but they made well enough so you actually feel like you've accomplished something rather than just getting a feeling that they are there to slow the pace down like in most games. Your character is a photographer and taking pictures is the core of a lot of puzzles. Early on it might be as simple as finding a password on a wall and taking its picture as a reference but they become quite inspired later on. It is a game that requires you to think for yourself a bit so don't be surprised to find yourself wandering around bemused.

I don't usually go for games like this but it takes inspiration from some of my favourite games and puts a twist on them so I gave this one a go. The only thing that disappoints me is it doesn't run to well on my computer, a lot of slow down, it doesn't seem that resource heavy but I guess there is more going on than it looks.

I dunno if its one of those games I'd recommend, not like a game like Bad Company 2 where you think most people would enjoy it but if it sounds interesting to you then give it a shot. £7.19, get it instead of Perfect Dark, maybe.