passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Just Dance

HandsomeDead

I brought in the new year by playing this little title for the Wii. As the title suggests you just dance to a collection of pop hits, the setlist is quite spread out within the pop genre. Rockier stuff like Lump and Eye of the Tiger are in there, some dancier stuff with a Fat Boy Slim track and i also recall some Katy Perry, the stuff you'd expect.

Gameplay itself consists of following some on screen prompts and trying to keep up with a dancer on screen, the dancer is pretty well animated, I guess thats because its an actual person with that same effect that those old iPod have. I'm unsure about how responsive it is, no matter what I did I couldn't quite get it right, though it might of been me just being shit 'cos the girls were getting pretty good scores. I guess it must be that dancing infront of the mirror as a pre-teen or something.

As a game, its pretty shit. Not a huge sellection of songs, limited modes, questionable controls, being fucking stupid etc. But it was fun to play with others willing to be twats. The thing is, you could get the same effect from sticking on a music video and dancing along with that, I guess because its a game (sort of) you are a bit more willing to get involved, if someone did suggest dancing along with MTV at a party you tell them to stop being a tool.

Overall my impression is one of confusion. It was funny, degrading, mesmerizing, tiring, social and it makes you think of whats become of you.

Or I could just say at the end of the day its just a case of there being a time and a place for this sort of thing.