passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Phantasy Star 0

RivaOni

Been awaiting this for a while, a portable Phantasy Star with online capabilities and you know what? The waits been worth it.

I'll get the bad out of the way:

It's a little clumsy in places, sometimes a little too difficult to target "Hostiles" (as all the characters in the game call them).

The story appears to be shiter than Phantasy Star Universe with characters that are as annoying

And thats about it, possibly important things for most people but for me, meh its all about the combat and just playing it and its actually really fun. I've put 3 hours in so far and have hit level 11, MAGs are back and yes you can feed them items from your inventory and the bob around over your shoulder and everything.

Its essentially a Firefly/Wild West themed Phantasy Star Online Lite and thats literally all I wanted from it. Not had chance to test it out online yet as the only people I know who have bought it are American and haven't been around to play with today. But yeah, early impressions are good, its challenging, fun and whilst the character creation is severely limited, even compared to PSO, I still like my HUmarl (yes, HUmarl, no HUmar or RAmarl but HUmarl).

• 1 month later...

I finally got my copy and I agree with everything Riva says above. I chose a Ramarl and while the story is a bit childish so far - I think the third mission is getting some hair dye for the mayor :) - it is close enough to PSO for me to be happy. The aiming is a bit off and of course the Sega camera is bobbins but its really good fun.

I can't get online tho - cant connect to my router with DS games unless I turn the security off.