passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Klonoa

HandsomeDead

In case you didn't know this is a remake of a little known but generally well recieved PS1 game. It comes from the platforming genre and presents itself in a colourful 2.5D world.

I played the original but I can't remember if this has any new levels of if they've been remixed, I just remember the general themes so I would struggle to rate it against the original, so judging it on it's own merits is all I'm going to do. It starts off insultingly easy but it's not surprising given the type of game it is but a few worlds in it does start to make good use of it's main mechanic. You'll navigate it's levels only using two buttons and the D-pad, one button jumps and the other spits out you ring spirit.. I'm sure it makes sense in the story, I dunno, I skipped the cut scenes, they're dreadful. The main draw is this simple gameplay which is interestingly spread out through the game, using the ring spirit on enemies inflates them and then you can use them to throw at other enemies or used as a jumping aid, they can also be thrown in the background or forground at switches or what-not.

All the puzzle stuff is used pretty creatively and it isn't without it's harsh platforming sections that are made more possible with Klonoa's 'Yoshi' style jump and hang in the air, the best bits come from having to quickly use the baddies around you as makeshift platforms to get about.

To be brief, the game is great, the story is shit, music is nice, graphics are functional and it's short as fook with barely any reply value. Don't spend alot on it.

To be brief, the game is great, the story is shit, music is nice, graphics are functional and it's short as fook with barely any reply value. Don't spend alot on it.

:lol: - That should be on the back of the box

Your not alone brother *solidarity knuckle press*. I got this of Play.com for £14.99, the misses is gonna have a go tonight so im sure ill take over. The PS2 version bored me to tears, its all magical and happy but it was a little basic for my tastes. I dunno if a few shakes of the Wii remote here and there will liven things up but im actually looking forward to finding out.

I dunno if a few shakes of the Wii remote here and there will liven things up

I dont think there is any shaking Wiimote moves added - at least not up to where I am yet and I am nearly at the end. I think I looked back at this through rose tinted specs. It is so easy and so far there are no changes at all from the PS1 version. Please dont anyone pay more than £15 for this! :lol: