passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Crash Bandicoot

Jimboxy

As mentioned in Gaming Purchases, i brought Crash Bandicoot 1 from the psone on PSN via PSP. This was one of my favourite games from the original playstation era, and i was concerned about how well it would age.

As soon as i started playing my concerns washed away, it has aged amazingly well. Graphically it holds up pretty well, it still plays like a gem and his still rock solid in places.

When i was 13 i managed to 100% complete this, now i'm 26 i really can't see me having the patience to do that. For 100% completion you have to complete every level without dying and smash every box, needless to say its an exercise in zen like patience and cat like reflexes.

It doesn't seem as big as i remember, after about 45 mins of play i've done 9 out of 32 levels and sitting at about 20% completion. The only downside i can see from playing on PSP is the d-pad is slightly to raised so quick mid air turns are made slightly more tricky, nothing major to grumble about though.

The game cost £3.50 and is a direct download, it can also by played on PS3.

There are quite a few good ol games available for D/L now, most are under a fiver. Next i might try Jumping Flash and Destruction Derby.

As mentioned in Gaming Purchases, i brought Crash Bandicoot 1 from the psone on PSN via PSP. This was one of my favourite games from the original playstation era, and i was concerned about how well it would age.

As soon as i started playing my concerns washed away, it has aged amazingly well. Graphically it holds up pretty well, it still plays like a gem and his still rock solid in places.

When i was 13 i managed to 100% complete this, now i'm 26 i really can't see me having the patience to do that. For 100% completion you have to complete every level without dying and smash every box, needless to say its an exercise in zen like patience and cat like reflexes.

It doesn't seem as big as i remember, after about 45 mins of play i've done 9 out of 32 levels and sitting at about 20% completion. The only downside i can see from playing on PSP is the d-pad is slightly to raised so quick mid air turns are made slightly more tricky, nothing major to grumble about though.

The game cost £3.50 and is a direct download, it can also by played on PS3.

There are quite a few good ol games available for D/L now, most are under a fiver. Next i might try Jumping Flash and Destruction Derby.

The biggest Crash Bandicoot game for me was PS2's Wrath Of Cortex, some of the levels could be quite tricky, mind, specially that boss fight in the water levels where you had to jump across floating platforms as he was lobbing thunder bolts at you..

I was surprised how well these games hold up too. I never played Crash Bandicoot 3 and downloaded it from the PSN store, I moved it to the PSP and find it's a perfect game for it. Graphics haven't aged nearly as badly as most PS1 games and it's simple but well focused gameplay still holds up.