passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance

illdog

I really feel like I'm being punished for not playing the Kingdom Hearts games proceeding this one. It chucks so much information at you so quickly that I cant help but feel i'm missing something, maybe not playing it quite right. Ive just been sticking to the basic functions, level progress which isnt all that clear and attacking the enemies that appear in front of me.

Im taking some sort of test you see, well, two characters are and you play as them both but not simultaneously. You switch between them by 'dropping', this can be selected in the bottom screen menus, you get to select some sort of bonus for the other character before you about to switch, I haven't quite figured that bit out yet, but if you select an item and then press the A button it swaps characters and that's good enough for me at the moment. Once though I switched after I ran out of time (or something), i saw a number on the top screen decreasing under the word 'DROP' and I switched characters. Fuck knows. I could probably find this stuff out but I haven' bothered yet, the menus are choc-a-block with stats and a wealth of options that scare me, ive just chose to blissfully stumble forward.

So both dudes have a story that they are playing out that has so far taken place in the same area, Traverse Town. I remember this place from my only other Kingdom Hearts experience, the original PS2 game. The music's the same just a bit jazzier, i'd forgotten it was a good little tune so it was nice to hear it again. Both blokes have met chicks, both chicks are typical female RPG teenagers, kinda dappy but confident. But these girls have both disappeared at the moment, ill guess i'll meet them again. Ive got to play some sort of card game with Moogles but I can't because I need at least three spirits...

Which is another thing. Spirits. These are companions in the shape of cutsey animals that follow you around and you can interact with them and train them and they can help you fight. They are Kingdom Hearts Pokemon really. Lots of games seem to need a Pokemon variation these days, I don't think its necessary but what do I know. So i've got to make another two. I think i've seen the instructions for doing so during a rare excursion in to the menu's, guess that will be my next port of call.

You can only save at save points, i don't like that. All portable games should have insta-save options. So far when i've seen a save point Ive had to have a long hard think about wether or not I should continue playing.

To conclude I dont know if i'm enjoying this or not yet, everything's just a little too confusing currently. I feel compelled to continue though so that cant be anything but a positive. I'll carry on then, i'll let you know how it goes.