passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Deadman's Cross

Uncle Dokuro

So I downloaded Deadman's Cross today. It's free-2-play, so it did not cost me a dime to give it a whirl. I was not sure what to expect it looked like a FPS, but with a CCG element to it. It from Square Enix and was developed by folks who worked on Final Fantasy franchise and Guardian Cross, so the art direction and menus are very nicely done. The music is also nicely done.

Gameplay wise it is not a FPS like I initially though, but a dungeon crawler RPG (Think Etrian Odyssey) with lite CCG, visual novel and Silent Scope styled shooting. The shooting and RPG elements are tight, but the CCG part of the game auto plays for you. You have really no control of the card fight. It would be nice the CCG part of the game was a lane battle and you had more control over everything.

So far it pretty solid game and have not found any abusive paywalls, but I'm still early on in the game. If I find abusive paywalls I rant about it here.

Nope, there are no abusive paywalls. As far as I can see you can play Deadman's Cross completely free if you don't mind grinding low level Deadman cards. If you want rare and epic deadman cards to spawn at a faster rate you can buy deadman coins to hunt on an elite course. You'll still get rare and epic cards without paying They just spawn at a slower rate.

I liking what I've played so far. Really good F2P.