passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Deception IV: Blood Ties

Uncle Dokuro

Deception IV: Blood Tie is a sadistic action/puzzle game from Tecmo Koei for the Vita. You play as the devils daughter Laegrinna who was sent into the human realm to find the twelve pieces of the Holy Versus to free her father. Joining you are three helper demons Caelea, Veruza and Lilia. The plot is razor thin and serves as a reason to fuck with others via traps and other devices.

Before a round you can use Devil Eye to check out your targets weakness, immunities and backstory - They’re always assholes, which makes fucking with them a tad bit more fun. After the round you’re given a result card, which scores you on Combos, Single Combo Arc, Clear Time and how elaborate, sadistic and humiliating the traps you designed were. You are then given a final Battle Arc score.

The audio and visuals are nothing to write home about, but that should not put you off Deception IV if it’s your thing. Besides a story mode you get a tutorial mode and a free battle mode. You can also upload your user made quest and download others quests to play.

Like Earth Defense Force 2017, Deception IV will be a cult classic with a few vocal fans speaking of its glory. I don’t expect this to sell well, but I liked what I have played so far.

I’ve had a few traps not work the way I thought they would work and a few time my target would not cross the trap I was luring them too, which resulted in frustration. But those moments are very limited. Overall Deception IV is a very is an enjoyable b-game experience on the PlayStation Vita.