passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Spirits of Destiny

Uncle Dokuro

Not sure how many people know, but Sony/Q Entertainment's free-2-play spirit battler game is out of beta.

Just started playing it tonight. It's a mix of Pokemon (without the Action/RPG) and Puzzle & Dragons (without the puzzle). It's pretty fun time killer or if you're into gaming and watching TV at the same time this would be the game for you.

Spirits of Destiny is divided into regions and each region has exclusive spirits, but all regions share the same base spirits. If you want a full collection you'll have to trade with gamers from other regions. It definitely has a social bent to it and encourage you to make friends in-game.I have not friended anyone in the game yet, so if those people end up on your PSN friends list outside of the game like they do in Toro's Friend Network is yet to be seen.

So far nothing that I have seen could not be done on a high-end smartphone. Sony and Q went the route of touch screen only to play the game, so the face buttons, D-Pad and sticks are useless. Like all free-2-play games there are two forms of currency. I have yet to see a pay wall and I doubt Sony would even go that route. Some will see that as a negative and write the game off, but I will say it is a fun time waster and it's a free. There is really no reason not to give this a shot.