passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Picross (All Versions)

stu

• 1 month later...

The UK version of this hits the stores today, so post your impressions!

I haven't got it yet, but I will add my new friendcode as and when, and shall work on some puzzles to send out :)

So, got this today and just finished Easy Mode.

It's very good and I can this becoming a daily pick-up, but then I thought the same about Brain Training/Sodoku so I could be wrong.

The thing that strikes me the most is the ammount of challenges - just when you think you've seen everything there is (at least, the stuff that you have from the off), take it online and you can download loads of packs of levels.

I've also found my friend code and put it in the page, not that they'll be much demand from this game I'd bet, which is a shame as it's really addictive stuff from what I've seen so far.

Thumbs up.

There could be demand, Hendo. The WiFi battles that you can have between two players are said to be quite frantic, racing to finish a couple puzzles before your opponent. Tap a wrong square, and you get a five second penalty. I can imagine it being quite good online, but we shall see.

Ah yeah but my point is, Tetris is such a hugely popular game yet I've never been able to get a 4 player match together, such is the lack of interest (and lack of popularity in the game). Now take that for a game that is very niche and we'll be lucky to have enough people to make level-swapping and battles interesting.

The funny thing is, this game only makes me more determined to finish Puzzle Quest so I can put my full efforts into ploughing through the many puzzles, then the (free!) download packs and then the whole create-your-own mode.

And level swappping.

And multi battles.

There's a lot here, and for 20 quid you can't go wrong really, but it's like telling people "buy this Sodoku/Crossword game" - it won't sell at all.

:woohoo: Yay My mate came round today and dropped my copy off, as It was posted to his house, coz I used his credit card (for some reason he didn't want to change the mailing address)

I've just finished Easy level, OMG I think Im gonna get so addicted to this! I didn't think I'd like it so much, its better than I thought it was going to be.

I think its great you can download 'pic packs' from a server, not just people whose friend codes you've got. I've already got some of the mario packs!

Think this will have a good replay value with the amount of new levels to download. Im also looking forward to some WIFI action. ;)

Hendo you can put me down for a game of Tetris, Im always up for playing, its one of my fav online games! :)

My Picross Friend Code: 5197 9069 0821

I got the Japanese version today. It's nice but I've no real clue as to what the different modes are because it's all in KeRaZy FoReIgN. Anyone that can give me a list of the modes and the menu's they appear in? (I'm assuming the order won't have changed through translation).

Why you!

Edit: Anyone tried the multiplayer on this yet? I'll stick up my Friend Code at some point in time. Is there a multiplayer mode or is it just puzzle swapping?

Addicted to this at the minute. I thought Picross was something else entirely, but after I went to that website I realised I was mixing it up with something shitter. It's got that brain-work-out Sudoku feel to it, but it feels much more entertaining and addictive. Puzzles are quick enough to get through, unlike some Sudoku puzzles, and the create-a-mode is great! Especially the Correction tool for incase your puzzles are naff. Mint as!

You can battle against others as well as swap puzzles.

One good thing is if you play online, if someone drops out (loses connection or just pussies out) they lose a point, so with the fact that it's a more mature game anyway, you shouldn't have people being dicks and just dropping out.

I'm on Normal Mode now and stuck on the animal section.

It's gone from being super easy to mega hard already.

:(

Hendo wrote:

You can battle against others as well as swap puzzles.

One good thing is if you play online, if someone drops out (loses connection or just pussies out) they lose a point, so with the fact that it's a more mature game anyway, you shouldn't have people being dicks and just dropping out.

I'm on Normal Mode now and stuck on the animal section.

It's gone from being super easy to mega hard already.

:(

I spotted that too! I thought I'd missed a section, lol. I've done 4 or so animal ones so far. Proper increase in difficulty with the extra.