passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Picross (All Versions)

stu

nope, not that I could find.

I don't think it's likely to either, most of the DS uzzle games have been out for a couple of years in japan and havn't been translated :(

This looks awesome though, it has downloadable patterns via wi-fi :D

Well this turned up today.

Thanks to this page, the scary japanese menu's were no problem at all.

I have already managed to download the 2 bonus packs from Marios Picross from the wi-fi service.

The game itself is just how Marios Picross was, you get time penalties for errors, you get a chance of a hint at the beginning and there seems to be loads of puzzles too.

If you like Picross/Griddlers/Hanjie/nonogrids/whatever you want to call them, then don't let the jap put you off as this is still very playable :)

and you can draw your own picture on the touch scrteen and the game will make it into a valid and logical picross puzzle!

how awesome is that?

anyway, this probably should be moved into the impressions bit i reckon mods ;)

darkglobe80 wrote:

aww.

it has 2p wi fi battles too, though i've yet to venture into that, though i can't see how a "battle" mode of picross works, maybe first to complete it wins?

well i am now addicted to this in 2p wifi mode.

basically, you get matched to an opponant, then you have to get your progress bar to 100% before the other player, by solving puzzles. it seems to be between 3-5 puzzzles that make 100%, i havn't worked out how that gets decided.

but the really clever bit is that if you make a mistake your screen will freeze for 3 seconds, which means they get an advantage.

its a brilliantly fair system and i've had some cracking battles already, though damn me, the japanese are bloody awesome at the game!

this is up there with 42 all time classics and tetris ds in terms of outstanding wi-fi multiplayer-ing-y-ness!

a lot!

there is very little english, maybe the odd option (wi fi for example) but yes, nearly all japanese.

however, using that link to the gamefaqs site, its easy as pie to navigate around, and of course (when) you all buy this essential game i will be more than happy to help ya :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...