passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Starfox Command

retroed

what i would have liked is if up and down on the d-pad controlled your throttle most of the time when i boost to try and get the fecking star for an enemy because i have to hit the top screen to boost i end up going up and hence over the thing which is infuriating.

OK, i spent all Sunday morning on my DS and mostly on Star Fox. And i absolutely love it.

Ive got over my quibs and am now enjoying the game for what it is. I love the touch screen controls, my accuracy is on the up, im even enjoying the stategy sections and i dont even mind the fog o war!

My problem with games on a whole is the fact i always seem to struggle at first, untill i understand where the game is coming from. But the next day I fully slip into the groove and start to pick up some speed.

So at the moment i think this is the dogs balls.

have to agree im quite into it now single player is usually a bust for me on games that involve shooting but multi player with friends is top cant wait to play you illdog already whooped hendo and diablo i dont think i'll be playing it much online though due to the ghey dropout = gameover thing that really sucks though its fine if they do it in the second or third round because your scores from previous rounds get saved, small mercies eh.

As I'm in Canada I might pick it up, but i'm finding it hard to find a shop theat sells ds games, let alone games!

Plus there are a couple of other ds games that I'd like to get (mario kart) so might be waiting for the pal version. Will this have all the record your own voice stuff as that sounds great.

I am liking it more the more I play it but still feel that the “strategic” sections aren’t all that strategic. I mean apart from choosing which ship to send in which direction, most actions are predetermined and all the player has to do is to figure out how Nintendo want the missions to unfold. I don’t expect the depth of something like Duel Strike but at the same time, I guess it would have been nice to remove the turn limit on some of the missions allowing for more on the fly style gameplay.

Great reveiw, and i am loving this game! Its also my 1st starfox game, and i didn't know wether or not to get it, but i am very pleased i did!

All of its great, i like the strategic bits tho sometimes tjhe missile sections are very annoying, and the enemies are varied and good to fight.

i agree with 8/10

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Got this today as my first DS game!!!

Not stoped playing all day either, I've just started the mission where you control Amanda for the first time, and I'm absolutely loving it, its exactly how I imagined a DS version of starwing/Lylat Wars to be, and with them being 2 of my top games on their respective consoles I was always going to enjoy this (for the record, I've not played a Star Fox game since Lylat Wars)